Auto Expo 2018: All new Honda Amaze showcased, to rival Maruti Suzuki Dzire
Honda Cars has unveiled the all-new Amaze at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Honda Amaze's styling has been completely revised and the front end has a large solid chrome grille that dominates the entire face. The sleek headlights blend in smartly into the grille and the new design makes the 2018 Honda Amaze look way more appealing than the previous generation one. Most importantly, the new Honda Amaze is based on an all-new platform that has also made it lighter than the previous offering.
Interestingly, while the earlier Honda Amaze was based on the Brio hatch and the front looked almost identical, the Amaze on the new platform has been showcased before the hatchback version. This maybe a result of the Indian consumer showing a growing preference for larger sedans. While the new Amaze will surely make a place for itself in the compact sub-4 metre sedan segment, the hatchback version of it or what we know as the Brio, may just make it to the Indian market too.
The new Honda Amaze also has a revised side profile with a slightly lower roofline, that possibly makes it more aerodynamic. The new Honda Amaze that has been showcased at the Delhi Motor Show sports a new shade of red that makes it look more premium than the existing shades on offer. The rear profile of the new Honda Amaze retains certain elements but at the same time looks a lot fresher and smarter in appearance.
Overall the new Honda Amaze looks more grown up with a somewhat more imposing street presence. The new design also makes us believe its more spacious and the boot capacity has increased. Since the new Honda Amaze has just been revealed, we are awaiting the official specs of the car. The previous gen Honda Amaze was offered with a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engines. We believe the same will be offered in the new-gen offering as well. The all-new Honda Amaze will obviously rival the likes of the Hyundai Xcent and the best in segment selling Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
- NewsNew Honda CRF450L enduro motorcycle unveiled
- NewsBMW outlines its strategy for India
- NewsTaMo RaceMo project shelved to support Tata Motors' CV division