Auto Expo 2018: All new Honda Amaze showcased, to rival Maruti Suzuki Dzire
Honda Cars has unveiled the all-new Amaze at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Honda Amaze's styling has been completely revised and the front end has a large solid chrome grille that dominates the entire face. The sleek headlights blend in smartly into the grille and the new design makes the 2018 Honda Amaze look way more appealing than the previous generation one. Most importantly, the new Honda Amaze is based on an all-new platform that has also made it lighter than the previous offering.
Interestingly, while the earlier Honda Amaze was based on the Brio hatch and the front looked almost identical, the Amaze on the new platform has been showcased before the hatchback version. This maybe a result of the Indian consumer showing a growing preference for larger sedans. While the new Amaze will surely make a place for itself in the compact sub-4 metre sedan segment, the hatchback version of it or what we know as the Brio, may just make it to the Indian market too.
The new Honda Amaze also has a revised side profile with a slightly lower roofline, that possibly makes it more aerodynamic. The new Honda Amaze that has been showcased at the Delhi Motor Show sports a new shade of red that makes it look more premium than the existing shades on offer. The rear profile of the new Honda Amaze retains certain elements but at the same time looks a lot fresher and smarter in appearance.
Overall the new Honda Amaze looks more grown up with a somewhat more imposing street presence. The new design also makes us believe its more spacious and the boot capacity has increased. Since the new Honda Amaze has just been revealed, we are awaiting the official specs of the car. The previous gen Honda Amaze was offered with a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engines. We believe the same will be offered in the new-gen offering as well. The all-new Honda Amaze will obviously rival the likes of the Hyundai Xcent and the best in segment selling Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far