Auto Expo 2018: All-new Maruti Suzuki Swift to be launched in India on February 8, 2018
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the all-new Swift in India tomorrow. The third-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift gets a host of changes that includes a new design, paired with the latest tech and features. Most importantly, the 2018 Maruti Suzuki is based on the Heartect platform that also underpins the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Baleno and also the new-gen Dzire. Maruti Suzuki dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings for the new hatchback and the deliveries are expected to begin shortly. However, the company dealerships have told us that the waiting period for the new-gen Swift will be around 4-5 months, something that we can confirm once the car is launched in India. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift is on display at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new-gen Swift does look similar to the previous iteration and that can be seen with the silhouette of both the models. The sloping roof line of the new Swift gives it a coupe-like profile. The C-pillar gets a black covering which gives a floating roof design like the Hyundai i20. The rear door handles have been repositioned on the rear windows. The dimensions of the new-gen Swift are not out yet. From images, however, it looks longer than the present version. The shoulder line of the new Swift too will be similar to that of the Baleno.
The new Suzuki Swift is 10mm shorter than the older car, but the wheelbase has gone up by 20mm. Considering that the older model was infamous for its crammed rear kneeroom, this increase in wheelbase could be a boon. The new car is also 40mm wider, which could translate to better shoulder room. While the height has been reduced by 15mm, the seats have been lowered too. So while headroom shouldn't be an issue, ingress and egress could be one.The new platform of the Maruti Suzuki Swift has made it lighter by 120kg which offer an even more engaging driving experience. The efficiency of the new Swift has gone up too. Read our detailed Maruti Suzuki first drive review here.
While we are just hours away from the official price announcement of the new Maruti Suzuki Swift, it will be competing with the likes of the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and also the Ford Figo in India.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Jorge Lorenzo takes victory at Red Bull Ring
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra XUV700(Ssangyong Rexton) flagship SUV spotted testing in Leh
- NewsUltraviolette Automotive gets additional investment from TVS, to use for product engineering and R&D