Auto Expo 2018: All-new Maruti Suzuki Swift to be launched in India on February 8, 2018
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the all-new Swift in India tomorrow. The third-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift gets a host of changes that includes a new design, paired with the latest tech and features. Most importantly, the 2018 Maruti Suzuki is based on the Heartect platform that also underpins the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Baleno and also the new-gen Dzire. Maruti Suzuki dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings for the new hatchback and the deliveries are expected to begin shortly. However, the company dealerships have told us that the waiting period for the new-gen Swift will be around 4-5 months, something that we can confirm once the car is launched in India. The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift is on display at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new-gen Swift does look similar to the previous iteration and that can be seen with the silhouette of both the models. The sloping roof line of the new Swift gives it a coupe-like profile. The C-pillar gets a black covering which gives a floating roof design like the Hyundai i20. The rear door handles have been repositioned on the rear windows. The dimensions of the new-gen Swift are not out yet. From images, however, it looks longer than the present version. The shoulder line of the new Swift too will be similar to that of the Baleno.
The new Suzuki Swift is 10mm shorter than the older car, but the wheelbase has gone up by 20mm. Considering that the older model was infamous for its crammed rear kneeroom, this increase in wheelbase could be a boon. The new car is also 40mm wider, which could translate to better shoulder room. While the height has been reduced by 15mm, the seats have been lowered too. So while headroom shouldn't be an issue, ingress and egress could be one.The new platform of the Maruti Suzuki Swift has made it lighter by 120kg which offer an even more engaging driving experience. The efficiency of the new Swift has gone up too. Read our detailed Maruti Suzuki first drive review here.
While we are just hours away from the official price announcement of the new Maruti Suzuki Swift, it will be competing with the likes of the Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and also the Ford Figo in India.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh