Auto Expo 2018: Cleveland Cyclewerks motorcycles shows India bound Ace Cafe, Ace Scrambler, Ace Deluxe and the Misfit
Cleveland Cyclewerks has announced at the Auto Expo 2018 that it intends to launch five models in India to mark its debut in the country. The company also said that it is committed to making world class motorcycles and that the Heist was their first global launch. Cleveland bikes are for riders who like to add a personal touch to their rides, and that underlines the philosophy behind its hand crafted motorcycles. Cleveland Cyclewerks' global line-up includes the Heist, Hooligan, Ace, Misfit, FXR.
The company plans to launch four models in in India, the Ace Cafe 250, Ace Scrambler 250 and the Ace Deluxe 250, which comprise the Ace family and the Misfit 250. All motorcycles will be assembled at their Pune plants. Cleveland says that the motorcyles will be imported via the CKD route assembled at their Pune facility. All the bikes share the same 229cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled motor which produces 15.4PS at 7,000rpm and 16Nm at 6,000rpm.
The engine is mated to a five-speed transmission. The bikes also employ the same, single-downtube frame as well as have USD suspension at the front and a five-step adjustable monoshock at the rear. Aluminium, wire-spoke rims are standard on all models except the Misfit which get steel rims with wire spokes instead.
The Ace family gets a 298mm disc at the front and a 210mm disc at the rear while the Misfit has a larger, 320mm disc on the front wheel and a 10mm larger disc at the rear. ABS is not offered yet but should be available when the ABS law comes into effect. All the Ace models have a 14-litre fuel tank and weigh 133kg , while the Misfit has a 15-litre fuel tank and is 10kg heavier.
The bikes are expected to go on sale soon a sport a price tag between Rs 2 lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh.
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh