Auto Expo 2018 exclusive: BMW G310 R and G310 GS to be launched around July-August 2018
BMW Motorrad has confirmed that the G310 R and G 310 GS will go on sale in India around July-August 2018. The company says that there's only some amount of paperwork that's left and barring any delays, the bikes will be in showrooms during the aforementioned period.
The BMW G310 R and the G310 GS are highly anticipated products and BMW is expected to price these motorcycles at a competitive price point, considering the price at which it launched the F 750 GS and F850 GS at Auto Expo 2018.
The BMW G310 R has been co- developed with TVS Motor and is manufactured at the company's facility in Hosur, India.
Both the G310 R and G310 GS are on sale in international markets and exported from India. The bikes are powered by a 313cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 34PS at 9,500rpm and generates 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The motor is paired to a six speed transmission.
The G310 R is a street naked while the G310 GS is a focused adventure tourer. It comes equipped with longer travel suspension than the R and a larger front wheel as well. It also has dual-purpose tyres and an engine sump guard. Both bikes get ABS as standard.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade