Auto Expo 2018: Honda Sports EV Concept showcased
Honda is leading the charge with making beautiful electric cars, and it has showcased one of its best, the Honda Sports EV Concept at the Auto Expo 2018. The Sports EV Concept is a two-seater sportscar, and was the showstopper at Honda's stall at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Unveiled by Takahiro Hachigo at Tokyo, CEO, Honda Motor Company, the Honda Sports EV Concept is a retro looking all-electric sportscar that uses the same dedicated EV platform as the Urban EV Concept. With the Sports EV Concept, Honda has assured us that the change to greener tech will not mean the end of striking-looking automobiles.
Its design cues are similar too, with round all-LED headlamps and square-shaped tail lights. The Honda Sports EV Concept gets a coupe-like stance thanks to its longish hood and sloping roof, making for a design that's even more appealing than the Urban EV Concept. The design in fact reminds of some of Honda's oldest cars including the S600 and S800 coupes. Honda has not released any details whatsoever about the Sports EV Concept, neither has it confirmed any production plans, unlike the Urban EV Concept that is slated to go into production and get launched in Europe subsequently in 2019.
That said, the Honda Sports EV Concept is pretty similar to the Urban EV Concept under the skin. It boasts similar AI to the Urban EV Concept as well, though Honda says the sportier stance, coupe-like design and lower ground clearance are all aimed at making electric cars more fun. The Artificial Intelligence is expected to monitor the driver's reactions, emotions and also make using voice commands more intuitive. All this hints at the fact that AI might find its way into Honda future models sooner than you expect. The Sports EV Concept confirms Honda's seriousness about EVs further, and if productionised, it might just add some zing to the world of electric vehicles with its appealing, retro-cool looks.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000