Auto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift spied undisguised ahead of official reveal
Hyundai India is set to unveil the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018 which kicks off tomorrow. Confirmation of the Hyundai Elite i20 India reveal at the Auto Expo comes after it was spied completely undisguised for the first time just a day ahead of the Auto Expo 2018. The Hyundai Elite i20 is among a handful of cars that Hyundai India will bring to the Auto Expo, which include the all-new Hyundai Santro, Hyundai Ioniq crossover, as well as its Hyundai N performance cars. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift will give the design a refresh which has remained unchanged since 2014. The Hyundai Elite i20 facelift had been spied undergoing testing in the past as well, but had been heavily camouflaged. However, this time around, you can see all the exterior changes thanks to these clear spy shots.
The facelift brings a new large V-shaped grille finished in black to the Elite i20, and does not bear a chrome frame as the outgoing version. Fog lamps pods, the air dam also receive a redesign. Headlamps now sport C-shaped chrome inserts and LED DRLs. The Asta variant spied in these shots also features projector headlamps. The rear bumper also gets a do-over with new black inserts and a revised tailgate. The taillamps now extend down all the way to the tailgate. There are new alloys too, with a twin five-spoke design and gunmetal finish.
Inside is a two-tone finish interior with a touchscreen infotainment centre taking up the central console space. Auto climate control is placed below this. The spied Asta variant also sports a multi-function steering wheel, and twin pod instrumentation. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 is likely to be launched at or soon after the Auto Expo, with the same three engine choices as the current Hyundai Elite i20, and may possibly sport a new CVT for the auto variant.
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki in India and abroad, Suzuki to get Toyota's engine tech
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
- NewsNew Honda CRF450L enduro motorcycle unveiled