Auto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift spied undisguised ahead of official reveal
Hyundai India is set to unveil the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018 which kicks off tomorrow. Confirmation of the Hyundai Elite i20 India reveal at the Auto Expo comes after it was spied completely undisguised for the first time just a day ahead of the Auto Expo 2018. The Hyundai Elite i20 is among a handful of cars that Hyundai India will bring to the Auto Expo, which include the all-new Hyundai Santro, Hyundai Ioniq crossover, as well as its Hyundai N performance cars. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift will give the design a refresh which has remained unchanged since 2014. The Hyundai Elite i20 facelift had been spied undergoing testing in the past as well, but had been heavily camouflaged. However, this time around, you can see all the exterior changes thanks to these clear spy shots.
The facelift brings a new large V-shaped grille finished in black to the Elite i20, and does not bear a chrome frame as the outgoing version. Fog lamps pods, the air dam also receive a redesign. Headlamps now sport C-shaped chrome inserts and LED DRLs. The Asta variant spied in these shots also features projector headlamps. The rear bumper also gets a do-over with new black inserts and a revised tailgate. The taillamps now extend down all the way to the tailgate. There are new alloys too, with a twin five-spoke design and gunmetal finish.
Inside is a two-tone finish interior with a touchscreen infotainment centre taking up the central console space. Auto climate control is placed below this. The spied Asta variant also sports a multi-function steering wheel, and twin pod instrumentation. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 is likely to be launched at or soon after the Auto Expo, with the same three engine choices as the current Hyundai Elite i20, and may possibly sport a new CVT for the auto variant.
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019