Auto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift spied undisguised ahead of official reveal
Hyundai India is set to unveil the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift at the upcoming Auto Expo 2018 which kicks off tomorrow. Confirmation of the Hyundai Elite i20 India reveal at the Auto Expo comes after it was spied completely undisguised for the first time just a day ahead of the Auto Expo 2018. The Hyundai Elite i20 is among a handful of cars that Hyundai India will bring to the Auto Expo, which include the all-new Hyundai Santro, Hyundai Ioniq crossover, as well as its Hyundai N performance cars. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 facelift will give the design a refresh which has remained unchanged since 2014. The Hyundai Elite i20 facelift had been spied undergoing testing in the past as well, but had been heavily camouflaged. However, this time around, you can see all the exterior changes thanks to these clear spy shots.
The facelift brings a new large V-shaped grille finished in black to the Elite i20, and does not bear a chrome frame as the outgoing version. Fog lamps pods, the air dam also receive a redesign. Headlamps now sport C-shaped chrome inserts and LED DRLs. The Asta variant spied in these shots also features projector headlamps. The rear bumper also gets a do-over with new black inserts and a revised tailgate. The taillamps now extend down all the way to the tailgate. There are new alloys too, with a twin five-spoke design and gunmetal finish.
Inside is a two-tone finish interior with a touchscreen infotainment centre taking up the central console space. Auto climate control is placed below this. The spied Asta variant also sports a multi-function steering wheel, and twin pod instrumentation. The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 is likely to be launched at or soon after the Auto Expo, with the same three engine choices as the current Hyundai Elite i20, and may possibly sport a new CVT for the auto variant.
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far