Auto Expo 2018: India-bound Suzuki Jimny SUV details out before reveal
Even as Maruti Suzuki India is minutes away from making its biggest announcements for the next two years, new details of the Suzuki Jimny SUV have been revealed. Reports suggest that the fourth generation Suzuki Jimny SUV which was revealed on a production line in spy shots during December 2017 will be coming to India, with possible production from the country as well. The Suzuki Jimny mini SUV will also receive a larger five-door sibling named the Suzuki Jimny Sierra. The Suzuki Jimny's current third generation will reach the end of its production run at the end of February 2018.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny gets a more functional design compared to the previous model
This means that the 2018 Suzuki Jimny can be expected to go on sale in the international market by mid-2018, with its reveal slated for the Geneva Motor Show 2018. The Suzuki Jimny will be available with two engine options the 1.2-litre four cylinder K-Series petrol and the 1-litre turbocharged three cylinder with direct injection.
Both of these engines are already available on Maruti Suzuki models on sale in the country, and will come mated to four-wheel drive system for off-road prowess as well. The older Suzuki Jimny which was sold as the Maruti Suzuki Gypsy in India, will be replaced by the new Suzuki Jimny in a sub-4m avatar here.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the latest LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani