Auto Expo 2018: Kia reveals India-bound compact SUV - Kia SP Concept to enter production soon
Kia, the Korean major, will shortly enter India. The 2018 Auto Expo marks its first public appearance and taking centre stage is the Kia SP Concept. Kia says this will "signal what Indian consumers can expect from Kia". The India-specific compact SUV based on the Kia SP Concept will enter production in 2019. The Kia SP Concept has, as SUVs go, a Peter Schreyer-designed bold front appearance with a long bonnet. The bold and sleek exterior design is matched to a sleek interior which Kia says "marries an advanced sensual style and dynamic sensibility at its core with a differentiated layout that enhances convenience."
Kookhyun Shim, MD and CEO, Kia Motors India said, "We at KMI are thrilled to start operations at such at a favourable time, and additional forecasts predict that India will amongst the world's largest car markets in a few years."
Kia Motors India is also displaying a large range of cars that span the range from the small Picanto, said to be a car designed for first time car buyers and the Rio, a design award winning car to the Stonic, a new crossover and the Stinger, a flashy, sleek sports gran turismo. Kia Motors India also has the Soul electric vehicle and the Niro Plug in Hybrid on display.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car