Auto Expo 2018: Kia reveals India-bound compact SUV - Kia SP Concept to enter production soon
Kia, the Korean major, will shortly enter India. The 2018 Auto Expo marks its first public appearance and taking centre stage is the Kia SP Concept. Kia says this will "signal what Indian consumers can expect from Kia". The India-specific compact SUV based on the Kia SP Concept will enter production in 2019. The Kia SP Concept has, as SUVs go, a Peter Schreyer-designed bold front appearance with a long bonnet. The bold and sleek exterior design is matched to a sleek interior which Kia says "marries an advanced sensual style and dynamic sensibility at its core with a differentiated layout that enhances convenience."
Kookhyun Shim, MD and CEO, Kia Motors India said, "We at KMI are thrilled to start operations at such at a favourable time, and additional forecasts predict that India will amongst the world's largest car markets in a few years."
Kia Motors India is also displaying a large range of cars that span the range from the small Picanto, said to be a car designed for first time car buyers and the Rio, a design award winning car to the Stonic, a new crossover and the Stinger, a flashy, sleek sports gran turismo. Kia Motors India also has the Soul electric vehicle and the Niro Plug in Hybrid on display.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept