Auto Expo 2018: Maruti Suzuki Swift launched in India at starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh
The 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has been launched at a starting price of Rs 4.99 at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car is on offer in 12 variants, and pricing of the petrol version ranges from Rs 4.99 lakh to Rs 6.96 lakh, while the diesel version is priced between Rs 5.99 lakh and Rs 7.96 lakh. The starting price of the previous generation Swift was Rs 4.72 lakh , so the increase in price is about 5 per cent.
This is the all-new third generation Swift from Suzuki that broke cover internationally last year before finally making its way to Indian shores at the Auto Expo. Apart from an all-new design the Swift is also bigger in size now overall length may have been reduced by 10mm now but the car is 40mm wider than the outgoing version which results in additional cabin space for occupants as also a larger boot for luggage, as boot volume is up by 58 litres. Not to forget, the new Swift is also lighter now the petrol version is 85kg lighter while the diesel is 75kg lighter than before.
At the heart of matters are the same four-cylinder, 1.2-litre petrol and four-cylinder 1.3-litre diesel engines and their outputs are the same as before too at 84PS/113Nm and 75PS/190Nm respectively. An important addition on the powertrain front is the introduction of an AMT as an option to the 5-speed manual gearbox, which is on offer in both the petrol and diesel variants. Interestingly, fuel efficiency is up by 7 percent for the petrol at 22kmpl while the diesel is 12 percent more efficient now at 28.4kmpl, both numbers being certified by the ARAI. Maruti say this improvement largely due to the lighter weight. While the exterior design is more of an evolution of the last generation Swift's, the new interiors look a lot more appealing and are a lot more modern in feel. The steering wheel is the flat-bottomed unit we first saw on the new DZire, sans the wood inlays, while the instrument cluster now consists of two individual pods with a shroud above. The air-conditioning and infotainment system get a fresh design too and their styling is in keeping with the overall design theme.
The new Swift also has more equipment now which adds to the car's premium feel, including Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror Link connectivity on the infotainment system, dual airbags and ABS as standard, climate control, push button start, keyless entry, reverse camera with parking sensors and more. We have driven the new generation Swift already and you can read our review of the car here.
Below is the detailed price list of the new generation Swift.
LXI Rs4.99 lakh
VXI Rs 5.87 lakh
VXI AMT Rs 6.34 lakh
ZXI Rs 6.49 lakh
ZXI+ Rs 7.29 lakh
ZXI AMT Rs 6.96 lakh
LDI Rs 5.99 lakh
VDI Rs 6.87 lakh
VDI AMT Rs 7.34 lakh
ZDI Rs 7.49 lakh
ZDI+ Rs 8.29 lakh
ZDI AMT Rs 7.96 lakh
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?