Auto Expo 2018: Maruti Suzuki to unveil new Ertiga, Ciaz and Swift
The largest carmaker in the country, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to unveil a slew of cars at the Auto Expo 2018. While the Swift has been revealed and we have driven the car as well, Maruti Suzuki will unveil the new Ciaz and Ertiga.
The Maruti-Suzuki Swift is synonymous with the term fun hatchback and new Swift does not disappoint as well. Hopping on to the Heartect platform, the new Swift has grown in proportion and has a bigger boot as well. Though the petrol and diesel engines are the same, the company has included the AMT as an option. The price will be announced at the Auto Expo and that is going to be an event in itself.
Maruti-Suzuki's premium sedan will receive a mid-life makeover, sporting subtle changes to the exterior and the inclusion of a new infotainment system as well. Maruti-Suzuki may also introduce an automatic transmission with paddle shifts.
The Ciaz has been doing well, but the new Hyundai Verna has taken the whole segment by surprise. The Ciaz facelift, then, is expected to give the car the teeth to fight the competiton.
The all-new Ertiga has been spotted testing in India on a number of occasions and the images suggest the Ertiga will be bigger and roomier than the current. The large overhang at the rear also suggests that the third row will be roomier. The exterior design is expected to feature sharper styling, with a sleeker grille and headlamps. Given the current trend that we've seen in Maruti Suzuki cars, the top spec Ertiga will also get LED DRLs and projector headlamps. The tail lamps are also expected to be LED units. Another visible change in the new Ertiga is the positioning of the rear wiper, which is ow mounted in the centre of the rear glass. Expect an AMT equipped Ertiga as well.
Image source: Motoroids
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488