Auto Expo 2018: Maruti Suzuki to unveil new Ertiga, Ciaz and Swift
The largest carmaker in the country, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to unveil a slew of cars at the Auto Expo 2018. While the Swift has been revealed and we have driven the car as well, Maruti Suzuki will unveil the new Ciaz and Ertiga.
The Maruti-Suzuki Swift is synonymous with the term fun hatchback and new Swift does not disappoint as well. Hopping on to the Heartect platform, the new Swift has grown in proportion and has a bigger boot as well. Though the petrol and diesel engines are the same, the company has included the AMT as an option. The price will be announced at the Auto Expo and that is going to be an event in itself.
Maruti-Suzuki's premium sedan will receive a mid-life makeover, sporting subtle changes to the exterior and the inclusion of a new infotainment system as well. Maruti-Suzuki may also introduce an automatic transmission with paddle shifts.
The Ciaz has been doing well, but the new Hyundai Verna has taken the whole segment by surprise. The Ciaz facelift, then, is expected to give the car the teeth to fight the competiton.
The all-new Ertiga has been spotted testing in India on a number of occasions and the images suggest the Ertiga will be bigger and roomier than the current. The large overhang at the rear also suggests that the third row will be roomier. The exterior design is expected to feature sharper styling, with a sleeker grille and headlamps. Given the current trend that we've seen in Maruti Suzuki cars, the top spec Ertiga will also get LED DRLs and projector headlamps. The tail lamps are also expected to be LED units. Another visible change in the new Ertiga is the positioning of the rear wiper, which is ow mounted in the centre of the rear glass. Expect an AMT equipped Ertiga as well.
Image source: Motoroids
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India