Auto Expo 2018: Piaggio to launch the Aprilia SR 125 in India
The 2018 Auto Expo begins tomorrow and as always, will witness a slew of launches on the very first press day. The long list will include the launch of the Aprilia SR 125 from the Piaggio Group. The 125cc scooter segment seems to be back in action and Piaggio certainly wants a share of this pie after the success of its SR 150. The SR 125 is expected to use the Vespa 125' engine where it offers 10.06PS, though it could be in a higher state of tune given the sportier positioning of the Aprilia. The scooter is also sold as the SR Motard 125 in certain markets abroad.
The Aprilia SR 125 will use the Vespa 125's single-cylinder, air-cooled engine but could be more powerful
In terms of design the Aprilia SR 125 is expected to look nearly identical to the SR 150 except for the graphics which could be different to distinguish the two apart. The SR 125 though will have a longer seat than the SR 150, basis customer feedback, to enhance pillion comfort. That said the suspension setup on the Aprilia SR 125 could also be slightly softer since the 125 will be a more mass market product unlike the 150 that's aimed at youngsters wanting a sporty, powerful scooter primarily for riding solo. In order to appeal to a larger chunk of scooter buyers the SR 125 will also be priced lower and will cost around Rs 65,000 ex-showroom at launch. The Aprilia SR 125 will thus compete with the likes of the Suzuki Access 125, Honda Grazia and the just launched TVS Ntorq 125.
Starts Rs 66,764
Starts Rs 57,897
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki in India and abroad, Suzuki to get Toyota's engine tech
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
- NewsNew Honda CRF450L enduro motorcycle unveiled