Auto Expo 2018: Piaggio to launch the Aprilia SR 125 in India
The 2018 Auto Expo begins tomorrow and as always, will witness a slew of launches on the very first press day. The long list will include the launch of the Aprilia SR 125 from the Piaggio Group. The 125cc scooter segment seems to be back in action and Piaggio certainly wants a share of this pie after the success of its SR 150. The SR 125 is expected to use the Vespa 125' engine where it offers 10.06PS, though it could be in a higher state of tune given the sportier positioning of the Aprilia. The scooter is also sold as the SR Motard 125 in certain markets abroad.
The Aprilia SR 125 will use the Vespa 125's single-cylinder, air-cooled engine but could be more powerful
In terms of design the Aprilia SR 125 is expected to look nearly identical to the SR 150 except for the graphics which could be different to distinguish the two apart. The SR 125 though will have a longer seat than the SR 150, basis customer feedback, to enhance pillion comfort. That said the suspension setup on the Aprilia SR 125 could also be slightly softer since the 125 will be a more mass market product unlike the 150 that's aimed at youngsters wanting a sporty, powerful scooter primarily for riding solo. In order to appeal to a larger chunk of scooter buyers the SR 125 will also be priced lower and will cost around Rs 65,000 ex-showroom at launch. The Aprilia SR 125 will thus compete with the likes of the Suzuki Access 125, Honda Grazia and the just launched TVS Ntorq 125.
Starts Rs 66,764
Starts Rs 57,897
Starts Rs 55,045
Starts Rs 58,750
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh