Auto Expo 2018: Tata H5X SUV concept debuts with Impact Design 2.0 language
Tata Motors has begun showcasing its future direction with the debut of the Tata H5X SUV concept. The Tata H5X SUV utilises the same platform as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Discovery Sport. Tata Motors calls this the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture (Omega arc). While the architecture is the same as the JLR platform, the Tata H5X has a different mix of materials for its platform. The Omega arc platform has been under development for more than five years, and the first vehicle to come off can be expected to launch 16 months from now.
The Tata H5X is the first vehicle concept to build on this platform come off this platform that Tata Motors shares with JLR. Tata Motors has also debuted its Impact Design 2.0 language with the Tata H5X. The preview, however, is not one of design but that of the architecture. The Tata H5X is a showcase of what this platform can accommodate, and we can expect to see more models in different categories from it.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market