Auto Expo 2018: Tata H5X SUV concept debuts with Impact Design 2.0 language
Tata Motors has begun showcasing its future direction with the debut of the Tata H5X SUV concept. The Tata H5X SUV utilises the same platform as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Discovery Sport. Tata Motors calls this the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture (Omega arc). While the architecture is the same as the JLR platform, the Tata H5X has a different mix of materials for its platform. The Omega arc platform has been under development for more than five years, and the first vehicle to come off can be expected to launch 16 months from now.
The Tata H5X is the first vehicle concept to build on this platform come off this platform that Tata Motors shares with JLR. Tata Motors has also debuted its Impact Design 2.0 language with the Tata H5X. The preview, however, is not one of design but that of the architecture. The Tata H5X is a showcase of what this platform can accommodate, and we can expect to see more models in different categories from it.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept