Auto Expo 2018: Tata H5X SUV concept debuts with Impact Design 2.0 language
Tata Motors has begun showcasing its future direction with the debut of the Tata H5X SUV concept. The Tata H5X SUV utilises the same platform as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Discovery Sport. Tata Motors calls this the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture (Omega arc). While the architecture is the same as the JLR platform, the Tata H5X has a different mix of materials for its platform. The Omega arc platform has been under development for more than five years, and the first vehicle to come off can be expected to launch 16 months from now.
The Tata H5X is the first vehicle concept to build on this platform come off this platform that Tata Motors shares with JLR. Tata Motors has also debuted its Impact Design 2.0 language with the Tata H5X. The preview, however, is not one of design but that of the architecture. The Tata H5X is a showcase of what this platform can accommodate, and we can expect to see more models in different categories from it.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block