Auto Expo 2018: Tata Motors confirms TaMo Racemo Concept India debut in video with comedian Varun Thakur and Narain Karthikeyan
Tata Motors have confirmed that they are bringing the TaMo Racemo Concept to the Auto Expo 2018 in a new video featuring comedian and actor Varun Thakur and India's first F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan. The video shot in carpool style in a Tata Hexa features Tata MD and CEO Guenter Butschek, and its chief design head Pratap Bose. The video features the executives talking about Tata Motors' plan for the Auto Expo 2018 when they mention the Tata Racemo. The plan also includes Tata H5 SUV which had been spotted testing multiple times and the Tata X451 premium hatchback. But the fact that the Ta Racemo will be showcased here is a shot in the arm for enthusiasts after earlier reports suggested that the Racemo project may have been shelved.
The Racemo was built using the in-house expertise of Tata Motors Engineering Research Centre (ERC) based out of Pune and their European Technical Centre (TMETC) based in Coventry, United Kingdom. The project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
The Racemo is a two-seater sports car built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. It was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2017. Not too many sports cars come under 4 metres in length and especially ones with just a 1.2-litre Revotron engine thats mounted mid-ship! Tata Motors astounded the gathered audience when they announced that the Racemo would be powered by their very humble petrol motor that also powers the Tiago and the Tigor, two small passenger cars. Except the engineers at TMETC have managed to massage this 4-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled petrol mill to deliver a 190PS of max power with 210Nm of torque. So look out for the Racemo at the Tata Motors stall in Auto Expo 2018.
Here's the carpool video:
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300