Auto Expo 2018: Tata Motors confirms TaMo Racemo Concept India debut in video with comedian Varun Thakur and Narain Karthikeyan
Tata Motors have confirmed that they are bringing the TaMo Racemo Concept to the Auto Expo 2018 in a new video featuring comedian and actor Varun Thakur and India's first F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan. The video shot in carpool style in a Tata Hexa features Tata MD and CEO Guenter Butschek, and its chief design head Pratap Bose. The video features the executives talking about Tata Motors' plan for the Auto Expo 2018 when they mention the Tata Racemo. The plan also includes Tata H5 SUV which had been spotted testing multiple times and the Tata X451 premium hatchback. But the fact that the Ta Racemo will be showcased here is a shot in the arm for enthusiasts after earlier reports suggested that the Racemo project may have been shelved.
The Racemo was built using the in-house expertise of Tata Motors Engineering Research Centre (ERC) based out of Pune and their European Technical Centre (TMETC) based in Coventry, United Kingdom. The project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
The Racemo is a two-seater sports car built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. It was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2017. Not too many sports cars come under 4 metres in length and especially ones with just a 1.2-litre Revotron engine thats mounted mid-ship! Tata Motors astounded the gathered audience when they announced that the Racemo would be powered by their very humble petrol motor that also powers the Tiago and the Tigor, two small passenger cars. Except the engineers at TMETC have managed to massage this 4-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled petrol mill to deliver a 190PS of max power with 210Nm of torque. So look out for the Racemo at the Tata Motors stall in Auto Expo 2018.
Here's the carpool video:
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept