Auto Expo 2018: Tata Motors confirms TaMo Racemo Concept India debut in video with comedian Varun Thakur and Narain Karthikeyan
Tata Motors have confirmed that they are bringing the TaMo Racemo Concept to the Auto Expo 2018 in a new video featuring comedian and actor Varun Thakur and India's first F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan. The video shot in carpool style in a Tata Hexa features Tata MD and CEO Guenter Butschek, and its chief design head Pratap Bose. The video features the executives talking about Tata Motors' plan for the Auto Expo 2018 when they mention the Tata Racemo. The plan also includes Tata H5 SUV which had been spotted testing multiple times and the Tata X451 premium hatchback. But the fact that the Ta Racemo will be showcased here is a shot in the arm for enthusiasts after earlier reports suggested that the Racemo project may have been shelved.
The Racemo was built using the in-house expertise of Tata Motors Engineering Research Centre (ERC) based out of Pune and their European Technical Centre (TMETC) based in Coventry, United Kingdom. The project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
The Racemo is a two-seater sports car built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. It was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2017. Not too many sports cars come under 4 metres in length and especially ones with just a 1.2-litre Revotron engine thats mounted mid-ship! Tata Motors astounded the gathered audience when they announced that the Racemo would be powered by their very humble petrol motor that also powers the Tiago and the Tigor, two small passenger cars. Except the engineers at TMETC have managed to massage this 4-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled petrol mill to deliver a 190PS of max power with 210Nm of torque. So look out for the Racemo at the Tata Motors stall in Auto Expo 2018.
Here's the carpool video:
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories