Auto Expo 2018: Tata Motors confirms TaMo Racemo Concept India debut in video with comedian Varun Thakur and Narain Karthikeyan
Tata Motors have confirmed that they are bringing the TaMo Racemo Concept to the Auto Expo 2018 in a new video featuring comedian and actor Varun Thakur and India's first F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan. The video shot in carpool style in a Tata Hexa features Tata MD and CEO Guenter Butschek, and its chief design head Pratap Bose. The video features the executives talking about Tata Motors' plan for the Auto Expo 2018 when they mention the Tata Racemo. The plan also includes Tata H5 SUV which had been spotted testing multiple times and the Tata X451 premium hatchback. But the fact that the Ta Racemo will be showcased here is a shot in the arm for enthusiasts after earlier reports suggested that the Racemo project may have been shelved.
The Racemo was built using the in-house expertise of Tata Motors Engineering Research Centre (ERC) based out of Pune and their European Technical Centre (TMETC) based in Coventry, United Kingdom. The project kickstarted just a little under two years ago, it was designed at Tata Motors Design Studio in Turin with renowned automotive designer Marcello Gandini initialising the early platform. The project IP was acquired by Tata Motors in 2007 with Dr Tim Leverton heading the engineering and Pratap Bose spearheading the design areas.
The Racemo is a two-seater sports car built on a wholly new modular platform called MOFlex MMS that could in the future also spawn hatchbacks, sedans and SUVs. It was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show 2017. Not too many sports cars come under 4 metres in length and especially ones with just a 1.2-litre Revotron engine thats mounted mid-ship! Tata Motors astounded the gathered audience when they announced that the Racemo would be powered by their very humble petrol motor that also powers the Tiago and the Tigor, two small passenger cars. Except the engineers at TMETC have managed to massage this 4-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled petrol mill to deliver a 190PS of max power with 210Nm of torque. So look out for the Racemo at the Tata Motors stall in Auto Expo 2018.
Here's the carpool video:
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India