Auto Expo 2018: TVS Creon performance electric scooter - claimed 0 to 60 kmph in 5.1 seconds
TVS Motor Company has leaped onto the electric green bandwagon with aplomb with the reveal of the TVS Creon electric scooter concept at the Auto Expo 2018. Sticking with TVS's racing DNA, the TVS Creon is a performance-oriented electric scooter. TVS states that with the TVS Creon scooter concept, it intends to show that electric scooters can be both exciting and environment friendly at the same time. The TVS Creon features a next-gen electric motor that takes it from 0 to 60kmph in under 5.1 seconds. But it still has a range of 80km on a single charge. That's not all, its rapid charging much like the latest smartphones of today, takes the Creon just 60 minutes to reach 80 per cent of its full charge.
The design and styling of the TVS Creon is definitely a showstopper with the exposed silver-finish frame running through the centre of the scooter. The front comprises four floating panels in bright red, with large 'O7 Creon' race-inspired lettering on the lower sides. Behind the single seat is small cowl and a tapering tail, very reminiscent of sports bikes.
The headlamp is unconventional in that it is a vertical stack of LEDs on the front apron. The fact that its not mounted high on the handlebars looks great due. But being mounted low, its practicality remains to be seen
Housed in the the TVS Creon's aluminium lightweight perimeter frame are three compact Li-ion batteries capable of 12kw of power. Remember being electric powered means full power is available from the word go. The Creon has a TFT screen and has connected technologies for users to interact with the scooter through an app. TVS states there is is a host of features including cloud connectivity, 3 custom riding modes, regenerative braking, park assist, safety, anti-theft, GPS navigation, and geo-fencing.The Creon has disc brakes at both ends with single channel ABS at the front. It has enough luggage space for a full face helmet and smartphone charger.
Speaking about the Creon, Vinay Harne, TVS President-New Product Development said, "TVS Motor Company and Intel have worked together to transform urban mobility with a product line of smart-connected gadgets on energy efficient two-wheelers. This collaboration is aimed at creating a unique positioning for hybrid and electric scooter series from TVS as both green-energy champions and smart-connected gadgets".
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
- NewsVideo worth watching: Ford Performance models on a race track
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review