Auto Expo 2018: TVS Zeppelin could be the first hybrid motorcycle from India
The TVS Zeppelin concept made its debut at the Auto Expo 2018 last week, and it could end up being the first motorcycle from India with hybrid technology. The TVS Zeppelin concept has been styled as an urban power cruiser, a departure from the usual race-oriented styling. The TVS Zeppelin employs petrol-electric hybrid technology similar to various hybrid cars already available in the market. Primary power comes from an all-new 220cc water-cooled single cylinder engine which produces 20PS at 8,500rpm. To augment this engine, TVS has also fitted the Zeppelin with a 1.2kW electric motor.
This electric motor is fed by a 48V lithium ion battery pack, and adds a 20 per cent boost in power to the petrol engine. At the Auto Expo, TVS has confirmed that the 220cc engine seen on the showcased concept is a running prototype, which means there is a chance that it will power a production motorcycle in the near future. The Zeppelin also comes fitted with an onboard camera to the left of its all-LED headlamp. If this is what the first cruiser from TVS looks like, we hope they bring a whole line of motorcycles in this body style.
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X