Auto Expo 2018: TVS Zeppelin could be the first hybrid motorcycle from India
The TVS Zeppelin concept made its debut at the Auto Expo 2018 last week, and it could end up being the first motorcycle from India with hybrid technology. The TVS Zeppelin concept has been styled as an urban power cruiser, a departure from the usual race-oriented styling. The TVS Zeppelin employs petrol-electric hybrid technology similar to various hybrid cars already available in the market. Primary power comes from an all-new 220cc water-cooled single cylinder engine which produces 20PS at 8,500rpm. To augment this engine, TVS has also fitted the Zeppelin with a 1.2kW electric motor.
This electric motor is fed by a 48V lithium ion battery pack, and adds a 20 per cent boost in power to the petrol engine. At the Auto Expo, TVS has confirmed that the 220cc engine seen on the showcased concept is a running prototype, which means there is a chance that it will power a production motorcycle in the near future. The Zeppelin also comes fitted with an onboard camera to the left of its all-LED headlamp. If this is what the first cruiser from TVS looks like, we hope they bring a whole line of motorcycles in this body style.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids