Auto Expo 2018: TVS Zeppelin could be the first hybrid motorcycle from India
The TVS Zeppelin concept made its debut at the Auto Expo 2018 last week, and it could end up being the first motorcycle from India with hybrid technology. The TVS Zeppelin concept has been styled as an urban power cruiser, a departure from the usual race-oriented styling. The TVS Zeppelin employs petrol-electric hybrid technology similar to various hybrid cars already available in the market. Primary power comes from an all-new 220cc water-cooled single cylinder engine which produces 20PS at 8,500rpm. To augment this engine, TVS has also fitted the Zeppelin with a 1.2kW electric motor.
This electric motor is fed by a 48V lithium ion battery pack, and adds a 20 per cent boost in power to the petrol engine. At the Auto Expo, TVS has confirmed that the 220cc engine seen on the showcased concept is a running prototype, which means there is a chance that it will power a production motorcycle in the near future. The Zeppelin also comes fitted with an onboard camera to the left of its all-LED headlamp. If this is what the first cruiser from TVS looks like, we hope they bring a whole line of motorcycles in this body style.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery