Auto Expo 2018: UM Renegade Duty Ace and Duty S with 223cc engine to be launched at Rs 1.10 lakh
UM Motorcycles has introduced two new motorcycles, the UM Renegade Duty S, and the UM Renegade Duty Ace, at the Auto Expo 2018. The UM Duty range of motorcycles features a new, smaller 223cc oil-cooled engine mated to a five-speed gearbox. UM Motorcycles aims to launch the UM Renegade Duty S and the Duty Ace in India by July 2018. At launch, these motorcycles will be priced at Rs 1.10 lakh, making them the least priced offerings from the motorcycle brand here. While the UM Duty S is designed as an urban cruiser, the Duty Ace takes its design inspiration from classic cafe racers with a low handlebars, a bikini fairing, and a removable cowl on the rear seat. UM also launched its first electric cruiser the UM Thor during the day,
UM Moters Thor Electric
The Duty Motorcycles also mark UM's foray into a newer segment. It has been selling its 280cc Renegade Commando motorcycles so far in competition with Royal Enfield motorcycles in the Rs 1.5 to 2 lakh range. The lower range of the 223cc Duty motorcycles should help it capture a larger market, but will also land it competition from the Bajaj Avenger as well as the relatively newer Suzuki Intruder 150 in the entry-level cruiser segment.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
Starts Rs 1,71,651
Starts Rs 82,253
Starts Rs 1,01,362
- NewsSkoda CEO assures no job cuts post COVID, Enyak EV will debut in 2020
- NewsWhat powers the world's most powerful cars?
- NewsNew-gen Hyundai Creta, Aura and Verna can be bought on Click to Buy online platform
- NewsFollow the build progress of the world's most expensive "new" Honda Civic
- FeaturesNews ways to reduce impacts of a side collision in cars
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055