Auto Expo 2018: UM Renegade Thor to be India's first ever electric cruiser?
UM Motorcycles will unveil the Renegade Thor at the 2018 Auto Expo, which could become India's first ever all-electric cruiser, when launched in the near future. UM Motorcycles currently sells its Renegade series of entry-level cruiser motorcycles in India (including the Renegade Sport S, Renegade Commando, Renegade Commando Mojave and Renegade Commando Classic) all powered by a 230cc, single-cylinder engine. Speculation was rife that UM Motorcycles will showcase an electric motorcycle at the Expo and its official invite has confirmed the same, mentioning "It's time to move past cc". As mentioned above the bike will be called the Renegade Thor and will be powered by batteries that supply power to an electric motor instead of the single-cylinder engine.
The UM Renegade Thor will be unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018 and could be India's first ever all-electric cruiser motorcycle
Going by its silhouette the Renegade Thor looks like a traditional cruiser with its low slung stance, pulled back handlebars and low seat. What would be the fuel tank otherwise seems to hold a chrome-finished housing, possibly for the clocks and instrument binnacle. Underneath is what looks like a large battery pack and should thus replace the engine. No technical details have been revealed and we're expecting UM Motorcycles will give out the full specifications of the Renegade Thor at its press conference at the Auto Expo on February 8. This is interesting news as we know the Harley-Davidson Live Wire is still some time away from making it to series production.
What's more, the UM Renegade Thor is thus yet another addition to the list of electric two-wheelers confirmed to be unveiled at the Auto Expo this year, including the Emflux ONE and the yet to be named smart electric scooter from Twenty Two Motors. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE to know more about the UM Renegade Thor, as we will be bringing the full coverage of the Auto Expo 2018 that kicks off on February 7, 2018.
Starts Rs 9,90,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept