Auto Expo 2018: Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 launched in India at Rs 1.25 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 at the Auto Expo 2018 for a price of Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 is more of an evolution of the previous generation R15 v2 than an all-new motorcycle. Pre-bookings for the Yamaha YZF-R15 had already begun at Rs 5,000 as reported earlier by OVERDRIVE, and Yamaha India states that performance-oriented motorcycle will be available at its dealerships later this year. The 2018 Yamaha YZF R15 v3 comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at a screaming 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 per cent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 per cent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 per cent. The new R15 v3 borrows it styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now.
The first generation Yamaha R15 was launched in 2008, with the R15 v2 launched in 2011, followed by the R15 S in 2015.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review