Auto Expo 2018: Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 launched in India at Rs 1.25 lakh
Yamaha India has launched the Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 at the Auto Expo 2018 for a price of Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 is more of an evolution of the previous generation R15 v2 than an all-new motorcycle. Pre-bookings for the Yamaha YZF-R15 had already begun at Rs 5,000 as reported earlier by OVERDRIVE, and Yamaha India states that performance-oriented motorcycle will be available at its dealerships later this year. The 2018 Yamaha YZF R15 v3 comes powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled single cylinder four valve engine that outputs 19.3PS at a screaming 10,000rpm. This is a major rise of 16.3 per cent in power against its predecessor, and fuel efficiency is also 4.7 per cent better than the previous bike.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 v3 features variable valve actuation to ensure a good top end without sacrificing low and mid-range torque. The R15 v3 engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with assist and slip clutch. The assist feature on the clutch reduces clutch pull effort by 18 per cent. The new R15 v3 borrows it styling cues from the new Yamaha YZF-R1 superbike. Illuminations all around are now LEDs, and the instrumentation is all digital now.
The first generation Yamaha R15 was launched in 2008, with the R15 v2 launched in 2011, followed by the R15 S in 2015.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for LIVE updates from Auto Expo 2018
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh