Auto Expo 2020: Aprilia RS150 and Tuono 150 likely to be showcased
In 2019, OVERDRIVE reported that Aprilia had indefinitely postponed its plan to enter the small capacity motorcycle segment in the Indian market to focus on electric solutions instead. However, this time around, Aprilia, under the umbrella of Piaggio will be present at the 2020 Auto Expo and will showcase its future models that will be on sale in the BSVI era. What's new is that the Italian manufacturer is rumoured to showcase the RS150 and the Tuono 150 at the Auto Expo, to gauge the response and feedback from potential customers.
The Aprilia RS 150 is a down-sized version of the RSV4 and is inspired by its elder sibling, especially in terms of design. The motorcycle is powered by a 150cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected, liquid-cooled engine. The engine produces a maximum power of around 18.25PS at 10,000rpm along with 14Nm of peak torque at 7,500rpm and is mated to a six-speed gearbox.
The Tuono 150 is the naked version of the RS150 and sits lower half of the Tuono hierarchy. Both the motorcycles were showcased at Aprillia's stand at the previous Auto Expo.
Since then, no developments had been made to bring the motorcycles into the Indian market till now. The motorcycle will be powered by a 150cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected, liquid-cooled engine and will get a six-speed gearbox.
The RS 150 directly competes with the Yamaha R15 V3 and the Tuono 150 will rival the Yamaha MT-15. Until now both these mentioned Yamaha products have been a niche in their respective segments, but this time around could see competition coming their way in 2020. Both Aprilia motorcycles are expected to retail at Rs 1.2-1.5 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 5,75,025
Starts Rs 1,36,000
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- NewsExclusive: BMW R 18 coming to India by Oct-Nov 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!