Auto Expo 2020 - Arrival of new Hyundai Creta and facelifted Maruti Brezza reignites their competition with the Kia Seltos
By unveiling the new Creta today, Hyundai has risen up to the challenge of its main rivals; the Kia Seltos and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. When the Hyundai Creta was first launched in 2015, it became an instant success and leader of the compact SUV segment by a huge margin. In 2016, the Maruti Suzuki Brezza arrived and also started climbing up the sales charts and giving competition to the Hyundai Creta.
But as both also helped expand the compact SUV market, they continued to sell in large numbers. Then last year in 2019, Hyundai's sister company Kia made its debut in India with the Kia Seltos compact SUV, which almost immediately became a super hit and took the lead in the segment by knocking both the Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki Brezza off their comfortable pedestals.
In fact its popularity is such that even today there is a long waiting period to get a Kia Seltos. But now things could change again as on the very same day within a gap of just a couple of hours, both the completely all-new Hyundai Creta and facelifted Maruti Brezza have been launched. While the Hyundai Creta is a completely new-generation vehicle sharing its platform with its main rival, the Kia Seltos and the Brezza have some cosmetic changes and now comes with a BSVI compliant 1.5 litre petrol engine. The three-way fight between the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and Maruti Vitara Brezza is on again.
Also catch the live updates from the Auto Expo 2020 by clicking on the links below:
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- FeaturesTo B or not to B: WRC's greatest Group B machines
- News2020 Tata Tigor EV facelift spotted undisguised
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ties up with Axis Bank, announces flexible EMI schemes
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 leads motorcycle sales in UK in June 2020
- News2020 Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron concept previews new electric coupe-SUV
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block