Auto Expo 2020: Bird electric EV 1 sub-Rs 10 lakh hatch unveiled, launch in 2022
Chinese automobile manufacturer Haima Automobile's Bird Electric has forayed in the Indian market with their EV 1 hatchback, that is confirmed to be priced under Rs 10 lakh. The launch timeline, as confirmed by the company, should happen in 2022. Haima Automobile will be setting up a plant at Manesar wherein it has entered into a JV with Bird Auto. The Bird Electric EV 1 will be offered in two models, with 200km and 300km driving range.
The company mentions that the EV 1 has been specifically designed according to Indian conditions as a smart city car. It comes with a lithium-ion battery making 20.42kWh with a top speed of 120kmph. Bird Electric also shared its plan to roll out electric scooters in Indian market by mid-2021. The battery-powered two wheeler will be launched in Delhi-NCR first, followed by other tier-1 and tier-2 cities in the order of priorities. Our locally developed and manufactured heavy duty chassis will be best suited to align with our electric drivetrain requirements, and ensure a long life on tough road conditions. The battery,
"Our motor and controller are designed to provide high power and speed, along with ample range for city commute," said Ankur Bhatia, Director, Bird Electric Mobility Pvt. Ltd.
Also, Catch the action straight from Auto Expo 2020's floor by clicking on the link below -
- NewsRenault Triber MPV launched in South Africa
- NewsMINI launches the Clubman Summer Red Edition in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- News2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 57.06 lakh
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Top 10 showcases at the motor show
- NewsNissan teases its India-bound B-SUV the second time, likely to be launched in the first half of 2021