Auto Expo 2020: BSVI Tata Harrier confirmed with 170PS and more premium features
Tata Motors has been teasing the updated BSVI Harrier SUV on their social network platforms, and one of the teasers confirms that the Tata Harrier SUV will see a hike in power. Currently, the BSIV Tata Harrier is powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine that puts out 140PS, the BSVI model that will be launched at the Auto Expo 2020 will get the same diesel engine but in a state of tune to meet the BSVI norms and to deliver 170PS. Along with the hike in power, the torque is expected to go up as well. Some time ago, Tata confirmed that the new Harrier will get an automatic gearbox via a teaser.
Along with an updated drivetrain, the BSVI Tata Harrier SUV will get upmarket features such as a panoramic sunroof, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, powered driver-seat and an electronic parking brake, which is likely to give it an edge over its rivals.
The Tata Harrier will rival the MG Hector, Kia Seltos, the upcoming Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the upcoming second-generation Mahindra XUV500 which will also break cover at the Auto Expo 2020.
The BSVI compliant 2020 Tata Harrier could see a price hike of Rs 50,000-60,000. Currently, the Tata Harrier ranges from Rs 13.45 lakh to Rs 17.32 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
- NewsRenault Triber MPV launched in South Africa
- NewsMINI launches the Clubman Summer Red Edition in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- News2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 57.06 lakh
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Top 10 showcases at the motor show
- NewsNissan teases its India-bound B-SUV the second time, likely to be launched in the first half of 2021