Auto Expo 2020: Great Wall Motor to make its India debut with Haval Concept H
Great Wall Motor Co Ltd (GWM), China's SUV manufacturer, announced that it will make its debut in India on February 5, at the Auto Expo 2020, which will be the brand premier in India along with the announcement of its India plans.
GWM will debut the Haval Concept H along with the Indian debut of the concept vehicle Vision 2025. GVM will also showcase its excellence and strength in automotive technology with its range of Haval SUVs, GWM EV products, and innovations in the area of intelligent safety, connectivity and advanced autonomous systems.
In the EV range, GWM has the Ora R1 electric car which will be showcased along with the Havel H9 and H2 concept. The Ora R1 is expected to be priced around Rs 6 lakh in India, which will make it the cheapest electric car in India. The Haval H9 SUV is similar to the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour, and is expected to be priced in the same category. Haval is also expected to showcase the H2 facelift, H4 and the H4 SUV at the Auto Expo.
GWM and General Motors had already announced, earlier this month, of an agreement for the sale of GM India's Talegaon manufacturing facility near Pune to the Chinese carmaker. GWM vice president for global strategy, Liu Xiangshang said the transaction would lay down the foundation of the company's plan to enter the Indian market.
Wei Jianjun the chairman of GWM, stated, "This is indeed a proud moment for us as we are on the verge of entering the Indian automotive market. We are excited at the limitless possibilities that lay ahead as India is an important market for us. At GWM, we aim to set new benchmarks in the Indian automobile industry and hope to create an everlasting relationship with the discerning Indian customer. With the R&D centre in Bangalore and now our participation at the 15th edition of the Auto Expo, we want to further ascertain the importance of India as the core strategic market."
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender 4x4 bookings begin in India ahead of August launch, priced from Rs 69.99 lakh
- NewsNext-generation Ford Ecosport SUV to get Mahindra's mStallion petrol engine
- ReviewExclusive: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon first drive review
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055