Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra Funster electric SUV Coupe teased ahead of its unveiling
Mahindra has revealed a teaser of the Funster, which will be showcased tomorrow at the Auto Expo. Funster will be based on a new platform, which will be shared by Mahindra counterparts in future. As from the teaser, the Funster resonates with the tall upright stance of Mahindra SUVs, bringing in additional appeal with an illuminated front grille and the Mahindra logo in blue and multi-LED headlamps. There is no such revelation of the back profile of the SUV, but it is likely to have a sloping roofline with sharp LED tail lamps.
Talking about the powertrain of the SUV, the Funster might get a power output of 300PS with four electric motors powering each wheel individually, sourced from a 60kWh battery pack. With this electric powertrain, we can expect a range of around 300-350km from the SUV in a single charge. There should be seating capacity for five adults in the Funster, however, the production version of the same might come with 7-seater options.
The upcoming vehicles by Mahindra are most likely to share the platform with the Funster, for instance, the next generation of the Scorpio and XUV500, while Funster might come to India as XUV500 electric. Mahindra will also reveal three new EVs at the Auto Expo, the XUV300 electric, eKUV100 and a three-wheeler EV along with its BSVI updated line-up and other facelifts.
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055