Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra reveals the Atom EV
Mahindra just revealed the Atom EV at the Auto Expo which will go into production in the second half of 2020. It will be powered by Mahindra's own electric drive system and aims to provide last mile connectivity. The Atom may have very compact dimensions, but the high roofline should help generate a good amount of room in the interior. The large glass area and massive windscreen should also provide an airy feel. But the wheel and tyres are way too small for a vehicle as tall as the Atom, and it also looks a bit boxy and plain.
Mahindra claims that the Atom EV will have the agility of a 3-wheeler and safety of a car as it has a monocoque body that offers a safe enclosure for occupants. The Atom also comes equipped with a state-of-the-art 4G ready connectivity system and maybe it's time we replaced our 3-wheel auto rickshaws with vehicles like the Atom.
Also catch the live updates from Mahindra's stand at the Auto Expo 2020 in the link below,
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block