Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross likely to be showcased with a petrol powertrain
Maruti Suzuki will likely showcase the petrol variant of its crossover, the S-Cross at the 2020 Auto Expo. The S-Cross Petrol could be offered with the BSVI compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine. Same as the one in Ciaz, Ertiga or XL6 with 105PS of power and 138Nm of torque.
This petrol motor will be coupled with a five-speed manual and a four-speed automatic transmission. Currently, the S-Cross is powered by the 1.3-litre diesel which puts out 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque. With the new petrol engine, Maruti might phase out the present diesel variant of the S-Cross, depending upon the demand of the market.
At the 2020 Auto Expo, Maruti will showcase 17 new vehicles including the BSVI upgraded ones, along with the petrol-powered Vitara Brezza and the all-new Futuro-e. Futuro-e will be the first EV from the brand, which is supposed to be a coupe-like SUV. Also, there will be the showcase of the Maruti Jimny, which will be the successor to the Gypsy, which was discontinued in October 2018.
The prices of the S-Cross petrol are expected to remain the same or a slight decrease from the current diesel version. Currently, the prices of the S-Cross starts from Rs 8.80 lakh ex-showroom for the base Sigma variant and goes till Rs 11.43 lakh ex-showroom for the top Alpha variant. The S-Cross petrol will rival with the Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Renault Captur and the Kia Seltos.
Starts Rs 8.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055