Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross likely to be showcased with a petrol powertrain
Maruti Suzuki will likely showcase the petrol variant of its crossover, the S-Cross at the 2020 Auto Expo. The S-Cross Petrol could be offered with the BSVI compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine. Same as the one in Ciaz, Ertiga or XL6 with 105PS of power and 138Nm of torque.
This petrol motor will be coupled with a five-speed manual and a four-speed automatic transmission. Currently, the S-Cross is powered by the 1.3-litre diesel which puts out 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque. With the new petrol engine, Maruti might phase out the present diesel variant of the S-Cross, depending upon the demand of the market.
At the 2020 Auto Expo, Maruti will showcase 17 new vehicles including the BSVI upgraded ones, along with the petrol-powered Vitara Brezza and the all-new Futuro-e. Futuro-e will be the first EV from the brand, which is supposed to be a coupe-like SUV. Also, there will be the showcase of the Maruti Jimny, which will be the successor to the Gypsy, which was discontinued in October 2018.
The prices of the S-Cross petrol are expected to remain the same or a slight decrease from the current diesel version. Currently, the prices of the S-Cross starts from Rs 8.80 lakh ex-showroom for the base Sigma variant and goes till Rs 11.43 lakh ex-showroom for the top Alpha variant. The S-Cross petrol will rival with the Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Renault Captur and the Kia Seltos.
Starts Rs 8.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsOnline bookings for BSVI 2020 Vespa facelift VXL and SXL scooters commence in India
- NewsThe Rolls-Royce Wraith Kryptos is the ultimate automotive Easter egg
- NewsTata Motors announces six-month EMI holiday for Nexon, Altroz and Tiago
- News2021 Lexus LS luxury sedan gets styling and tech updates
- NewsHero Cycles cancels Rs 900 crore business plans with China
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block