Auto Expo 2020: Maruti Suzuki to launch refreshed Vitara Brezza today
Maruti Suzuki is slated to launch the 2020 Vitara Brezza today, on the second day of the Auto Expo. Overall updates to the Brezza range from minor cosmetic updates, to the switch over from a sole diesel powertrain to a sole petrol powertrain. The powertrain in question is the 1.5-litre petrol K15 engine that debuted on the refreshed Ciaz launched in 2017 and also found its way to under the hood of the new-gen Ertiga. Power outputs for the BSVI compliant engine stand at 105PS and 138Nm torque, with the powertrain also likely benefitting from the company's Smart Hybrid technology. Two gearboxes will be offered, a 5-speed manual and an automatic, likely to be the company's 4-speed torque converter and not an AMT, as is the case with other cars that the K15 engine does duty in. With the new BSVI norms kicking in, the 1.3-litre diesel is being discontinued across models that use it, including the Brezza.
Picture of the current Maruti diesel for representation
Onto the updates to the Brezza in other areas, the styling is freshened up with elements inspired by the larger Vitara sold internationally. The face of the car will feature an updated bumper, grille and twin-pod headlamps, with LED daytime running lights along the bottom of the headlamp units. Faux skid plates now feature at either end of the car, with the tail lights also getting new lighting elements.
As for the interiors and features, expect a shift to the company's new SmartPlay Studio infotainment as on other cars in Maruti's line-up. The refreshed Brezza will continue to face competition from the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for updates on the pricing of the Vitara Brezza.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block