Auto Expo 2020: Mercedes-Benz Volocopter unveiled
Mercedes-Benz has showcased a unique model of electric Urban Air Mobility (UAM) called the Volocopter along with a range of sedans, SUVs, hatchbacks and MPVs at the Auto Expo 2020. The Volocopter is a drone-based model of electrical air taxis, that will be seen in the future. Currently, Mercedes-Benz has revealed a 1:3 scale model VoloCity at the Auto Expo, giving the people of India, a perspective as to how the future modes of transport will be shaped. The Volocopter is based on eVTOLs, which translates into Vertical Take-Off and Landing aircraft with an electric powertrain. The Volocopter has a seating capacity of two adults and flight time is expected to be around 30 minutes.
Mercedes-Benz has demonstrated flights with Volocopter in Dubai, Singapore and Stuttgart, and aims at opening the commercial routes within two to four years. The Volocopter has been a highlight of the Auto Expo, having the potential to shape future mobility and bring in a new mode of transport for the urban population.
Also, catch OVERDRIVE's extensive coverage of the Auto Expo 2020 in the links below:
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block