Auto Expo 2020: Mercedes-Benz Volocopter unveiled
Mercedes-Benz has showcased a unique model of electric Urban Air Mobility (UAM) called the Volocopter along with a range of sedans, SUVs, hatchbacks and MPVs at the Auto Expo 2020. The Volocopter is a drone-based model of electrical air taxis, that will be seen in the future. Currently, Mercedes-Benz has revealed a 1:3 scale model VoloCity at the Auto Expo, giving the people of India, a perspective as to how the future modes of transport will be shaped. The Volocopter is based on eVTOLs, which translates into Vertical Take-Off and Landing aircraft with an electric powertrain. The Volocopter has a seating capacity of two adults and flight time is expected to be around 30 minutes.
Mercedes-Benz has demonstrated flights with Volocopter in Dubai, Singapore and Stuttgart, and aims at opening the commercial routes within two to four years. The Volocopter has been a highlight of the Auto Expo, having the potential to shape future mobility and bring in a new mode of transport for the urban population.
Also, catch OVERDRIVE's extensive coverage of the Auto Expo 2020 in the links below:
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- NewsInterview: Balbir Singh Dhillon, head of Audi India, on the Corona crisis, Strategy 2025, EVs and supercars
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055