Auto Expo 2020: Mercedes-Benz Volocopter unveiled
Mercedes-Benz has showcased a unique model of electric Urban Air Mobility (UAM) called the Volocopter along with a range of sedans, SUVs, hatchbacks and MPVs at the Auto Expo 2020. The Volocopter is a drone-based model of electrical air taxis, that will be seen in the future. Currently, Mercedes-Benz has revealed a 1:3 scale model VoloCity at the Auto Expo, giving the people of India, a perspective as to how the future modes of transport will be shaped. The Volocopter is based on eVTOLs, which translates into Vertical Take-Off and Landing aircraft with an electric powertrain. The Volocopter has a seating capacity of two adults and flight time is expected to be around 30 minutes.
Mercedes-Benz has demonstrated flights with Volocopter in Dubai, Singapore and Stuttgart, and aims at opening the commercial routes within two to four years. The Volocopter has been a highlight of the Auto Expo, having the potential to shape future mobility and bring in a new mode of transport for the urban population.
Also, catch OVERDRIVE's extensive coverage of the Auto Expo 2020 in the links below:
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh