Auto Expo 2020: MG Gloster showcased, will rival Fortuner and Endeavour
MG Motors showcased the Gloster at the Auto Expo, which is sold as the Maxus D90 in China. It measures 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width and 1,875mm in height. Also, the wheelbase measures 2,950mm. The suspension set-up in the India-spec MG Maxus D90 includes dual helix independent in the front and 5-link integral in the rear. In terms of safety, the Maxus D90 has been awarded a 5-star rating in the Australia NCAP crash tests wherein 70 per cent of the body is made of steel and nine per cent is made of thermoformed steel with a strength of 1,500Mpa. We also expect this SUV to come with numerous segment-first features, given that this is a strategy MG has used to gain popularity in our market.
A 2.0-litre turbo petrol with 225PS and 350Nm is offered elsewhere with the D90 but we think MG will bring it to India with a new diesel engine. This is expected to be an in-house developed unit derived from the FCA Multijet diesel as seen on the Hector. This motor will put out 218PS and 480Nm and come paired with an 8-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055