Auto Expo 2020: MG Gloster showcased, will rival Fortuner and Endeavour
MG Motors showcased the Gloster at the Auto Expo, which is sold as the Maxus D90 in China. It measures 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width and 1,875mm in height. Also, the wheelbase measures 2,950mm. The suspension set-up in the India-spec MG Maxus D90 includes dual helix independent in the front and 5-link integral in the rear. In terms of safety, the Maxus D90 has been awarded a 5-star rating in the Australia NCAP crash tests wherein 70 per cent of the body is made of steel and nine per cent is made of thermoformed steel with a strength of 1,500Mpa. We also expect this SUV to come with numerous segment-first features, given that this is a strategy MG has used to gain popularity in our market.
A 2.0-litre turbo petrol with 225PS and 350Nm is offered elsewhere with the D90 but we think MG will bring it to India with a new diesel engine. This is expected to be an in-house developed unit derived from the FCA Multijet diesel as seen on the Hector. This motor will put out 218PS and 480Nm and come paired with an 8-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.83 Lakhs
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!