Auto Expo 2020: MG Gloster showcased, will rival Fortuner and Endeavour
MG Motors showcased the Gloster at the Auto Expo, which is sold as the Maxus D90 in China. It measures 5,005mm in length, 1,932mm in width and 1,875mm in height. Also, the wheelbase measures 2,950mm. The suspension set-up in the India-spec MG Maxus D90 includes dual helix independent in the front and 5-link integral in the rear. In terms of safety, the Maxus D90 has been awarded a 5-star rating in the Australia NCAP crash tests wherein 70 per cent of the body is made of steel and nine per cent is made of thermoformed steel with a strength of 1,500Mpa. We also expect this SUV to come with numerous segment-first features, given that this is a strategy MG has used to gain popularity in our market.
A 2.0-litre turbo petrol with 225PS and 350Nm is offered elsewhere with the D90 but we think MG will bring it to India with a new diesel engine. This is expected to be an in-house developed unit derived from the FCA Multijet diesel as seen on the Hector. This motor will put out 218PS and 480Nm and come paired with an 8-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled