Auto Expo 2020: Okinawa unveils maxi-scooter prototype
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer, Okinawa, unveiled a maxi-scooter-cruiser prototype, an electric scooter which runs on a 4kWh lithium-ion battery. The battery is removable and the scooter is supplied with a fast charger which can fully charge the battery in two to three hours. The maxi-scooter gives a range of around 120km, as claimed by the company and can reach a top speed of 100kmph. Okinawa also displayed a range of other electric scooters as well - the LITE, Praise Pro and Ridge+ at the Auto Expo.
Commenting on Okinawa's participation, Jeetender Sharma, Managing Director and Founder, Okinawa said, "Okinawa team has been putting all the efforts to fuel the Electric Vehicle revolution in India. This Auto Expo 2020 provided us the perfect stage to unveil the stunning creations that are a result of Okinawa's tech genetics. The Electric vehicle industry is still very nascent in India and there are many speculations and myths associated with the performance of EVs when compared with petrol run vehicles. Each product by Okinawa is determined to breaking these myths and proving the equal efficiency of EVs to users."
- OpinionIs the Government of India unfair to the auto industry?
- News2020 Mahindra Thar to be launched on October 2, 2020
- NewsMercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV to be launched in India on October 8
- NewsKTM RC series gets new colours, prices remain unchanged
- NewsSuzuki V-Strom 160 adventure motorcycle in works?