Auto Expo 2020: Olectra-BYD launches intercity eBus C9
Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Govt of India, unveiled the Olectra-BYD's first intercity ebus C9 at the Auto Expo 2020. The ebus will be a 12-metre long, 45-49 seater bus which will cover long-distance intercity travel with a range of up to 300km on a single charge. The ebus will also feature push-back seats with air-conditioning, with inbuilt USB chargers for each seat. Along with it, the ebus will come with a TV and infotainment system with Wi-Fi connectivity for all passengers. With a circulation of over 200 ebuses across the country, Olectra has further added a new product in its line-up of buses with the C9.
In terms of safety, the bus is equipped with various safety features including ADAS System (Driver Fatigue System) and ITS (Intelligent Transport System). Also for emergency situations, there is a Panic Alarm System and Emergency lighting system to alert the driver and the passengers.
N K Rawal, Managing Director, Olectra Greentech said, "Olectra-BYD has been spearheading the electric vehicle adoption in the country with a focus not only to 'Make in India' but also 'Made for India' to meet the increasing requirements of our diversity in the landscapes and terrains of the country. We have covered significant ground in meeting the requirements of several states in the country and being the partners of choice for the EV revolution in the country for Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Himachal Pradesh, Hyderabad and Kerala where our eBuses are already successfully plying. Our proven ability to introduce new models of electric buses with utmost passenger comfort and safety will enable us to meet the requirements of newer segments."
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055