Auto Expo 2020: Skoda Rapid BSVI unveiled with 1.0-litre turbo petrol
Skoda India has updated its most popular offering for India, the Skoda Rapid sedan, with a new BSVI compliant petrol motor. The old 100PS naturally aspirated 1.6-litre motor has been discontinued. This has been replaced with a new 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo petrol with 115PS and 200Nm.
This motor is one of three new engines that the VW Group will launch in India as part of its petrol-only line-up. The other two are a 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 2.0-litre motor of similar type.
The new Rapid will be paired with a 7-speed DSG gearbox and a 6-speed manual. The sedan remains cosmetically unchanged but gets some new equipment like a larger, updated touchscreen infotainment screen. Also, Skoda showcased the Rapid Matte Concept. This is a new matte grey colour scheme for the Rapid, the first time such a colour option has been made available by the brand in India.
The engine in the new Skoda Rapid is also expected in the BSVI Vento. The updated Polo will possibly get the same motor in its lower 95PS and 175Nm tune.
Starts Rs 8 Lakhs
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!