Auto Expo 2020: Vespa Elettrica all-electric on display, Bajaj Chetak rival?
It is the second day of the Auto Expo 2020 and electrics continue to be buzzing everywhere, from four wheelers passenger vehicles to large commercial offerings. Vespa has showcased the Elettrica electric scooter with a riding range of 100km in one full charge with a claimed full charge time of 4 hours using a 220v.
Vespa has not mentioned any plans to bring this Euro-spec Elettrica but confirms that the company is working on launching an EV in the Indian market. The peak power output of the Vespa Elettrica is 4kW while the continuous power output will be 3.6kW. Aprilia mentions that the Elettrica makes use of a lithium ion battery and Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS).
When showcased at EICMA, Vespa had already mentioned that the Elettrica's battery pack can offer a total of mileage of 70,000km, post which 80 per cent of its capacity will still be there.
Also read OVERDRIVE's coverage from Piaggio, Aprilia, Vespa's paviliaon from Auto Expo 2020 Day 2 Below:
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- Review2020 Toyota Vellfire India-spec first drive review
- NewsSharad Sanghi - one of India's leading car collectors is no more
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India