Renault Duster petrol automatic to be launched in India in May 2017
Renault is set to launch a new automatic variant for the petrol Duster. However, unlike the diesel variant, the petrol-powered Renault Duster will get a CVT unit instead of an AMT. Thankfully, Renault-Nissan's CVT technology is quite likeable as we've found out in the Nissan Micra. The Renault Duster automatic petrol will continue to get the same naturally aspirated 1.6-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 104PS of power and 148Nm of torque.
Renault could offer the Duster in the top-spec trim to take on the likes of the petrol Hyundai Creta automatic and the Honda BR-V CVT, as well as a mid-level trim to make the SUV more affordable. Either way, considering most customers opt to buy the diesel variant of the Duster, the introduction of an automatic variant should help Renault improve sales of the slow-selling petrol-powered car, especially for urban customers.
Starts Rs 8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.53 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street maxi-scooter now gets a matte black colour on offer
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga XL6 Cross MPV spotted ahead of its launch on August 21
- OpinionMan on the moon and the very first motor race
- NewsImage Gallery: 2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled
- NewsRevolt RV 400 all-electric motorcycle to be launched in India on August 7