Renault Duster petrol automatic to be launched in India in May 2017
Renault is set to launch a new automatic variant for the petrol Duster. However, unlike the diesel variant, the petrol-powered Renault Duster will get a CVT unit instead of an AMT. Thankfully, Renault-Nissan's CVT technology is quite likeable as we've found out in the Nissan Micra. The Renault Duster automatic petrol will continue to get the same naturally aspirated 1.6-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 104PS of power and 148Nm of torque.
Renault could offer the Duster in the top-spec trim to take on the likes of the petrol Hyundai Creta automatic and the Honda BR-V CVT, as well as a mid-level trim to make the SUV more affordable. Either way, considering most customers opt to buy the diesel variant of the Duster, the introduction of an automatic variant should help Renault improve sales of the slow-selling petrol-powered car, especially for urban customers.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X