Renault Duster petrol automatic to be launched in India in May 2017
Renault is set to launch a new automatic variant for the petrol Duster. However, unlike the diesel variant, the petrol-powered Renault Duster will get a CVT unit instead of an AMT. Thankfully, Renault-Nissan's CVT technology is quite likeable as we've found out in the Nissan Micra. The Renault Duster automatic petrol will continue to get the same naturally aspirated 1.6-litre 4-cylinder engine which produces 104PS of power and 148Nm of torque.
Renault could offer the Duster in the top-spec trim to take on the likes of the petrol Hyundai Creta automatic and the Honda BR-V CVT, as well as a mid-level trim to make the SUV more affordable. Either way, considering most customers opt to buy the diesel variant of the Duster, the introduction of an automatic variant should help Renault improve sales of the slow-selling petrol-powered car, especially for urban customers.
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show