Automobile events in India this week: August 21-27
With the constantly buzzing automotive scene of India, it may get tough to keep track of all the upcoming launches and events at times. To help keep your calendar up to date, here's the list of automobile events scheduled for this week from August 21 to 27:
2017 Hyundai Verna launch on August 22
Korean carmaker Hyundai will reveal the latest iteration of its popular Verna sedan on Tuesday. While the company is saving some details for the launch, OVERDRIVE has learnt that the 2017 Hyundai Verna will be available in 1.6-litre petrol as well diesel engine options with increased fuel efficiency, and no smaller engine option as earlier. Both engines options will come in six trims each with 7 body colour options. Other new features in the Verna are the ventilated front seats, cooled glove box, sunroof and the smart opening boot. Being Hyundai's first launch since the new GST regime came into effect, pricing on the new Verna could prove crucial in showing the company's approach.
Triumph Tiger Trails on August 23
Alongside its new product launch, Triumph Motorcycles India has also organised another edition of the Triumph Tiger Trails Academy event for its customers at Aamby Valley, Maharashtra. The event focuses on showing users the capabilities of the British motorcycle maker's adventure motorcycles under the Tiger line, while also training them on the best ways of tackling the off-road trails astride these machines. The trainer at this year's academy will be Raid-de-Himalaya rally founder Vijay Parmar.
2017 Triumph Street Scrambler launch on August 24
The launch of the 2017 Triumph Street Scrambler closely follows the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled which was launched in India at the end of July. While the company had not earlier revealed the motorcycle it is launching on Wednesday, OVERDRIVE was able to confirm that the new motorcycle is indeed the Street Scrambler, which shares its mechanicals with its 900cc parallel twin powered modern classic sibling, the Triumph Street Twin. The Triumph Street Scrambler gets wire spoke wheels wherein the front now measures 19 inches, off-road capable Metzeler Tourance tyres, taller rear suspension, and a high-set two-into-one side slung scrambler exhaust. While the pricing will be revealed at launch, we have learnt that the Triumph Street Scrambler will cost around Rs 8.1 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Starts Rs 8,60,000
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9