Automobile events in India this week: August 28 - September 3
With the constantly buzzing automotive scene of India, it may get tough to keep track of all the upcoming launches and events at times. To help keep your calendar up to date, here's the list of automobile events scheduled for this week from August 28 to September 3, 2017:
2017 Skoda Octavia RS launch in India on August 30
Skoda India will launch the 2017 Skoda Octavia RS in India on August 30, 2017. The event will be held at a track at a track in Thane. The Skoda Octavia RS was revealed by the company at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show in March this year. The split-headlamp look adds a more aggressive face to the car, which promises thrills with a 2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that churns out 230PS of power. The first generation of the Octavia vRS had been a hit with Indian customers in the early 2000's. Skoda recently also launched the 2017 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo edition.
Maruti-Suzuki to announce new service strategy on Aug 30
A month after announcing the NEXA service experience at its exclusive dealerships, Maruti-Suzuki India Ltd has now organised a press event on August 30, 2017 for an announcement about its service network strategy. A company statement mentions it will announce the next step in what it refers to as Maruti-Suzuki's 'journey of transformation in the network'. While precise details of the announcement are scarce, we know that MSIL MD and CEO Kenichi Ayukawa, and senior executive director - marketing and sales R S Kalsi will be present. As part of the same journey, the company had also recently announced a revamp for its True Value used car business.
Bridgestone to announce a new brand alliance on August 30
Tyre maker Bridgestone will be announcing a new brand alliance on Wednesday. Sources have informed that the company has roped in a popular Olympics athlete to be their new brand ambassador and will announce the same at an event in Hyderabad.
JK Tyre National Racing Championship Round 3 from September 1
Round 3 of the JK Tyre-FMSCI National Racing Championship will be held from September 1 to 3, 2017. The round is the last one of the season to be held at Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore, following which the action moves the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida. The 20th edition of what is considered one of the most important racing championships in the country has brought with it much news, and we expect the season to only get better as it goes.
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9