Automobile events in India this week: July 4-9
The automobile field is a very busy place, and it's always buzzing with activity. There's a new vehicle being launched, a first drive/ride event or a motorsport event happening almost every week. Keeping your calendar up to date is almost impossible! To help you keep track of just what's happening, we'll give you the list of automobile events scheduled to happen each week.
Here is what's happening from July 4-9:
July 4 Force Gurkha Xplorer and Xpedition first drive
Force Motors is organising a drive event for the media to review the new Force Gurkha Xplorer and Xpedition. And guess what, we're going to be there! So stay tuned to OVERDRIVE's social media handles for updates from the event. To know more about the new Force Gurkhas, read our launch story.
July 5 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA launch
Mercedes-Benz will launch the facelifted version of the GLA compact SUV in India this Wednesday. The update, which was unveiled at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show, will give the car much-needed cosmetic changes to help it keep up with the times. Mechanically, however, it is expected to be offered with the same set of engines. We've given plenty more details about the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA in our pre-launch story.
July 7 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and Z900 launch
Kawasaki is hosting an event on Friday where it is expected to launch the 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and the base version of the Kawasaki Z900. The 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 is a refreshed sport-tourer that already had great reviews including from us in its previous avatar. The new one makes 143PS.
The Z900 was launched in India with a bunch of accessories as standard like the rear-seat cowl and other bits. Now, Kawasaki is expected to start selling the unadorned model at a lower price.
July 7-8 2017 Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship Round 2
The second round of the 2017 INMRC will be held at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai from July 7-8. It will host two one-make series, one from TVS and the other from Honda, while private teams and racers will compete in the main INMRC races.
July 8-9 2017 JK Tyre National Racing Championship Round 1
The first round of JK Tyre's national racing championship will be held this weekend at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore. Under this championship, Suzuki will hold its Gixxer Cup one-make series, while JK Tyre will host the Formula LGB 04 and JK Euro championships.
Starts Rs 8.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9,98,000
Starts Rs 15,30,000
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India