Automobili Pininfarina CEO Michael Perschke steps down
Micheal Perschke, CEO of Mahindra-owned Automobili Pininfarina, has stepped down from his position with effect from March 25. Perschke was associated with the Italian brand as a consultant till October 2017, before taking on a full-time position since July 2018. He has been succeeded on the interim by COO Per Svantesson.
Before Pininfarina, Perschke worked with Audi for over nine years. This also included leading the brand's India operations between 2010 and 2013. His other stints before hat have been with VW, Mitsubushi, Autohaus and Mercedes-Benz.
Pawan Goenka said of this development,"...Michael was instrumental in the creation of Automobili Pininfarina's business model and strategy. He can look back on an impressive success story in developing a disruptive product and founding this organization. We wish to place on record our appreciation for Michael Perschke for his passionate contribution and wish him the very best for his future endeavors."
Automobili Pininfarina will begin deliviries of its Battista EV hyper GT by the end of 2020. Overall production is limited to 150 units. It recently showcased the Battista Anniversario, a sharper iteration of the Battista. Only five will be made with prices starting at EUR 2.6 million. This version adds bespoke exterior paint options and interior trim, longside lowered unsprung weight and performance oriented tires, allowing for a top speed of over 350 kmph. All Battistas sit on a carbon fibre monocoque chassis and body, and are powered by four electric motors making a combined 1900PS and 2,300 Nm.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block