Automobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
Last month, Automobili Pininfarina released teaser images of the silhouette of its first hypercar. And now the Italian automobile firm has revealed the name of its first hypercar offering, the Battista. Named after the founder of the firm, Battista Farina, the iconic automobile designer, the Automobili Pininfarina Battista will be made only for a select few. 150 units to be precise. Automobili Pininfarna has confirmed that the hypercar be priced between $2m and $2.5m wherein 50 units have been allocated to Europe, Asia and the US. The firm will start delivering the exquisite offering from 2020 onwards. The PF0 electric hypercar concept was shown to prospective buyers at the Pebble Beach Concours.
Only 150 units of the Automobili Pininfarina Battista will be made
Paolo Pininfarina, Chairman Pininfarina SpA, commented, "This is genuinely a dream come true. My grandfather always had the vision that one day there would be a stand-alone range of Pininfarina-branded cars. This hypercar will boast world-beating performance, technology innovation and of course elegant styling. For me, we simply had to call it Battista. His dream becomes reality today as we link our glorious past with the future of motoring."
The company mentions, "Power and torque equate to 1,900 bhp and 2,300 Nm respectively, meaning the Battista has the potential to accelerate to 62 mph in less than two seconds, faster than a Formula 1 car, and break the 250 mph top speed barrier all with a potential zero emissions range of over 300 miles."
Automobili Pinifarina also announced that it will base its corporate and operational headquarters in Munich, Germany. This will give firm access to the expertise and engineering networks in one of the world's most advanced car market. The city is also in close proximity to northern Italy where Pininfarina SpA is based. The iconic design house will design and build the PF0 hypercar.
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip