Baja Aragon 2017: Podium finish for TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero
TVS Racing had a good run at the 2017 Baja Aragon, which they were competing in as preparation ahead of the 2018 Dakar Rally. The team's riders, Joan Pedrero, Adrien Metge and India's Aravind KP were competing in the FIM Low World Cup category.
TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero on his way to third place at the 2017 Baja Aragon
Joan Pedrero finished the first stage of the event, that extended across 9.31km, in fourth place. The 213km long SS2 stage saw Pedrero finish third. He then finished the 133.79km long SS3 in third place in the Moto class. This gave him second position at the end of the rally, behind the Monster Energy Honda Team's duo - Joan Barreda Bort who took first place, with his Michael Metge in third.
Adrien Metge en route a 15th place finish in the Moto Group 1 class
Meanwhile Adrien Metge ended the first stage in eighth place, followed this up with a 33rd place finish in the second stage, and recovered to end the third stage in eighth position. The result put him 23rd in the Moto class, and 15th in Group 1 category.
Aravind KP finished the rally 13th in the Group 1 Moto class
It was also a good result for Aravind KP, who will attempt his second Dakar Rally in 2018. Aravind managed to finish 23rd in the first stage, 18th in the second stage, and 20th in the third stage. Which meant that he finished 16th in the Moto class, and 13th in the Group 1 category.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden