Bajaj Auto workers to go on two-day hunger strike on Jan 7
Since the past few years, Bajaj Auto workers have gone on strike to protest against the management decisions. Bajaj Auto has previously dismissed them as acts of indiscipline. Now, according to a PTI report, workers of Bajaj Auto will be going on a two-day hunger strike. The hunger strike will be held on January 7 and January 8 to protest against the management's anti-worker activities.
The Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has sent a letter addressed to Rajiv Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Auto, which states that "it will undertake a hunger strike at the Shahid Datta Padale statue, opposite the Bajaj Auto gate, Akurdi against anti-worker and anti-union activities of the Bajaj management".
The letter also stated, "Bajaj management adopted a strategy of terrorising and harassing workers. To condemn such anti-union act of management, we have decided to go on a hunger strike." The company has also apparently transferred the active members of the union and has given false charge sheets and show-cause letters to the workers.
PTI contacted Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana president Dilip Pawar who said that the management was harassing their active members and the issue of eight dismissed workers is yet to settled. He also commented that the wage review process, due with effect from April 1, 2016, has still not been finalised.
According to the PTI report, the Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has around 1,000 members at the Chakan and Akurdi plants of Bajaj Auto.
Starts Rs 1,49,045
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship