Bajaj Auto workers to go on two-day hunger strike on Jan 7
Since the past few years, Bajaj Auto workers have gone on strike to protest against the management decisions. Bajaj Auto has previously dismissed them as acts of indiscipline. Now, according to a PTI report, workers of Bajaj Auto will be going on a two-day hunger strike. The hunger strike will be held on January 7 and January 8 to protest against the management's anti-worker activities.
The Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has sent a letter addressed to Rajiv Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Auto, which states that "it will undertake a hunger strike at the Shahid Datta Padale statue, opposite the Bajaj Auto gate, Akurdi against anti-worker and anti-union activities of the Bajaj management".
The letter also stated, "Bajaj management adopted a strategy of terrorising and harassing workers. To condemn such anti-union act of management, we have decided to go on a hunger strike." The company has also apparently transferred the active members of the union and has given false charge sheets and show-cause letters to the workers.
PTI contacted Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana president Dilip Pawar who said that the management was harassing their active members and the issue of eight dismissed workers is yet to settled. He also commented that the wage review process, due with effect from April 1, 2016, has still not been finalised.
According to the PTI report, the Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has around 1,000 members at the Chakan and Akurdi plants of Bajaj Auto.
Starts Rs 1,56,270
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far