Bajaj Auto workers to go on two-day hunger strike on Jan 7
Since the past few years, Bajaj Auto workers have gone on strike to protest against the management decisions. Bajaj Auto has previously dismissed them as acts of indiscipline. Now, according to a PTI report, workers of Bajaj Auto will be going on a two-day hunger strike. The hunger strike will be held on January 7 and January 8 to protest against the management's anti-worker activities.
The Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has sent a letter addressed to Rajiv Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Auto, which states that "it will undertake a hunger strike at the Shahid Datta Padale statue, opposite the Bajaj Auto gate, Akurdi against anti-worker and anti-union activities of the Bajaj management".
The letter also stated, "Bajaj management adopted a strategy of terrorising and harassing workers. To condemn such anti-union act of management, we have decided to go on a hunger strike." The company has also apparently transferred the active members of the union and has given false charge sheets and show-cause letters to the workers.
PTI contacted Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana president Dilip Pawar who said that the management was harassing their active members and the issue of eight dismissed workers is yet to settled. He also commented that the wage review process, due with effect from April 1, 2016, has still not been finalised.
According to the PTI report, the Vishwa Kalyan Kamgar Sanghatana has around 1,000 members at the Chakan and Akurdi plants of Bajaj Auto.
Starts Rs 1,48,043
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?