Bajaj Chetak electric scooter to be launched in India on January 14
Bajaj Chetak, the Indian manufacturer's first stint at producing an electric powered scooter will be officially launched in India on January 14. Also, Bajaj will reveal more details about the Chetak and give us an idea of how it pits against the existing electric scooter lineup on sale in India such as the Ather 450, Gemopai Astrid Lite and Okinawa i-Praise. Given Bajaj's aggressive pricing in the past, expect an ex-showroom cost around Rs1 lakh.
For the moment we know that the drivetrain's electric motor sources its power from an IP67 rated Lithium-Ion battery that can be charged using a standard household 5-15 amp electrical outlet. Additionally, a home charging station is available at an additional cost. The drivetrain offers two drive modes - eco and sport along with a reverse assist mode.
The scooter has adapted to modern styling cues, however, keeping the silhouette same.
The user/rider can connect their smartphone via 'Chetak' application to the Bajaj Chetak and gain access to the ride data and history. The 'Chetak' application also offers features such as user authentication.
On the styling front, the scooter has adapted to modern design cues but keeps the silhouette same. The headlamp is an all-LED unit with horseshoe-shaped DRLs. The mirrors get a unique shape with a matte finish. The panels get no aggressive styling elements, instead, sport a smooth bulge on either side of the engine cover that flows to the back of the scooter integrating the tail lamp. The scooter comes equipped with disc brake assembly in the front and a drum brake setup for the rear.
The alloys are multi-spoke units with red-highlights. The dashboard gets a futuristic circular unit that integrates range, speed, time, battery charge and ride mode indicators. Gone are the buttons and toggle switches - The new Bajaj Chetak is equipped with feather touch switch units.
Starts Rs 1,00,000
Starts Rs 79,999
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055