Bajaj confirms new Pulsar launch on April 14, 2015. Will it be the Pulsar AS200?
After launching the updated Bajaj CT100, Platina 100 ES and the Pulsar, Bajaj will now most probably be launching the Pulsar AS200 in India on April 14, 2015. This announcement of a new Pulsar to be launched on April 14 was made by Bajaj Auto's MD Rajiv Bajaj in an interview with Moneycontrol.
The Bajaj Pulsar AS200 has often been spotted testing and we also have a video of it on its test run near the company's plant in Chakan. The Pulsar AS200 is the adventure series motorcycle from Bajaj and is based on the Pulsar 200NS. It has a single projector headlamp in the front and a semi-fairing similar to the Pulsar 220F. The windscreen is a bigger unit going with its adventure tourer intent. The side panels remain the same as seen on the Pulsar 200NS as are the tank and tail lamp. The Pulsar AS200 will run on new MRF Zapper Fv2 tyres, the same ones as seen on the Pulsar RS200.
Mechanically the Bajaj Pulsar AS200 is the same as the Pulsar 200NS. The 199cc engine is expected to make 23.5PS of power and 18.30Nm of torque. From the spy shots, it is clear that the Pulsar AS200 will not get fuel injection or even ABS. The AS200 will sit between the Pulsar 200NS and the Pulsar RS200. Expect it to replace the ageing Pulsar 220F.
Starts Rs 47,155
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept