Bajaj CT100 launched in India at Rs 36,828
Bajaj have introduced its most affordable motorcycle in India, the CT100 at Rs 36,828, ex-Mumbai. The updated Bajaj CT100 is available in kick as well as alloy options with the latter priced at Rs 39,912.
The four stroke, single cylinder, air cooled 99.27cc engine in the CT100 makes 8.2PS of power and 8.05Nm of torque. It is mated to a 4-speed transmission. Bajaj claims a top speed of 90kmph and 89.5kmpl of fuel efficiency. The CT100 borrows its tubular single down tube with lower cradle frame from the Platina 100ES which was launched recently. Both the motorcycles come with 110mm drums at both the ends with no option for a front disc brake. Ex-showroom, there is a difference of nearly Rs 10,000 on both the models and while not immediately apparent, there are changes between the two once you look at them closely.
The torque in the CT100 is lower compared to the Platina 100ES (8.6Nm), no DTS-i and exhaustec and the Platina adds an electric starter as well. The CT comes with Eurogrip tyres while the Platina gets TVS ATT1050. The tank design is a bit different and the capacity of the CT is lower at 10.5 litres as compared to the one litre more on the Platina. There is noticeable fuel efficiency difference of 7.4kmpl between the two, the Platina boasting a higher 96.9kmpl. The kerb weight is the same but the Platina has a longer wheelbase (1250mm) and ground clearance (190mm).
We have ridden the Platina 100ES and our first ride report will be up shortly. Keep watching this space for more.
Starts Rs 47,155
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review