Bajaj CT100 launched in India at Rs 36,828
Bajaj have introduced its most affordable motorcycle in India, the CT100 at Rs 36,828, ex-Mumbai. The updated Bajaj CT100 is available in kick as well as alloy options with the latter priced at Rs 39,912.
The four stroke, single cylinder, air cooled 99.27cc engine in the CT100 makes 8.2PS of power and 8.05Nm of torque. It is mated to a 4-speed transmission. Bajaj claims a top speed of 90kmph and 89.5kmpl of fuel efficiency. The CT100 borrows itstubular single down tube with lower cradle frame from the Platina 100ES which was launched recently. Both the motorcycles come with 110mm drums at both the ends with no option for a front disc brake. Ex-showroom, there is a difference of nearly Rs 10,000 on both the models and while not immediately apparent, there are changes between the two once you look at them closely.
The torque in the CT100 is lower compared to the Platina 100ES (8.6Nm), no DTS-i and exhaustec and the Platina adds an electric starter as well. The CT comes with Eurogrip tyres while the Platinagets TVS ATT1050. The tank design is a bit different and the capacity of the CT is lower at 10.5 litres as compared to the one litre more on the Platina. There is noticeable fuel efficiency difference of 7.4kmpl between the two, the Platina boasting a higher 96.9kmpl. The kerb weight is the same but the Platina has a longer wheelbase (1250mm) and ground clearance (190mm).
We have ridden the Platina 100ES and our first ride report will be up shortly. Keep watching this space for more.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally