Bajaj discontinues sale of Pulsar 135 LS in India
Bajaj Auto has discontinued the sale of the Pulsar 135 LS in India since last week. The news came to light after the company had not mentioned the Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS in its revised price list for the year which was released last week. The 135 LS was the most affordable motorcycle in the Bajaj Pulsar family since its launch. The motorcycle had also received an update in 2017 to become BS IV compliant. However, low sales proved to be its undoing owing to which Bajaj Auto has decided to discontinue its sale in the country. This does not mean the end of its production, though, as the company continues to make and export the 135 LS to foreign markets.
The first generation Bajaj Pulsar 135 had begun life as an affordable performance-oriented motorcycle, offering split seats, toe-only shifter, and sporty colour options. But that line of thought was changed owing to low demand.
The subsequent iteration of the 135 LS was hence given a more commuter-friendly image with a large single seat, heel and toe shifter as well as subtler colour options. Then came the launch of the Bajaj Discover 125 earlier this year, which is a more popular brand in that segment. Bajaj had also similarly discontinued the Bajaj Avenger 150, replacing it with the Avenger 180.
Starts Rs 62,144
Starts Rs 82,253
Starts Rs 57,165
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055