Bajaj discontinues the Discover 100, 100M and the 125M in India
Bajaj has discontinued certain Discover models from its line-up - these include the 100, 100M and 125M. These models have even been removed from the model listing on the Bajaj Auto website. Bajaj had recently commented that the Discover line-up would now start with an engine displacement of 125cc, implying that the Discover brand is likely to be transformed into an executive commuter which will rival the Honda CB Shine, TVS Phoenix and the Hero Glamour.
The discontinued Bajaj Discover 125M was launched last year
The 2015 Bajaj that is on sale now.
It's believed that the Discover 100cc models have been discontinued due to the launch of the new Bajaj CT 100 and the success of the recently launched Platina ES. Bajaj recently launched a new Discover 125 model. This however had the bodywork, engine and cycle parts of the 2004 Discover series. This along with the Discover 150S and F are amongst the current variants available in the showrooms today.
Bajaj Auto says that while customers prefer the older Discover's practicality and price proposition, the younger lot likes the style quotient of the newer range. Since there were too many variants of the same bike in the showroom, customers used to get confused and hence the motorcycles were discontinued.
Confused between the Bajaj Discovers? Take a look at this story which unravels the Discover mystery
Starts Rs 40,883
Starts Rs 58,751
Starts Rs 68,900
Starts Rs 57,683
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055