Bajaj Discover 125ST no longer on sale in India
Bajaj has stopped sale of Discover 125ST in India. The motorcycle will, however, continue to be in production for the export market since the 125ST has found great traction in several other markets including Latin America.
The sale of Discover 125T will continue unaffected by the development, the company said. Confused by so many Discovers? We make your life easier
Bajaj's reasons for the move are that step seat and monoshock combination is quite popular in export markets. But the combination makes it harder for Indian riders, especially those who ride with a pillion. The pricing of 125ST is also higher than the recently launched Discover 125M because of which Bajaj is seeing a lot of customers migrate to the latter.
We have riden the Discover 125M. Read first ride report here. Also the new flagship Discover F150 is set to be launched in India in two months time. We recently spotted the Discover F150 testing and a detailed report of our.
The motorcycle will be priced same as the Yamaha SZ, around Rs 65,000. Eliminating the Discover 125ST creates space for the F150's pricing, positioning and commercial viability in India.
Bajaj says that this correction is not entirely unexpected since the Discover 125 M is proving to be quite popular.
Starts Rs 57,165
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India