Bajaj Discover 125ST no longer on sale in India
Bajaj has stopped sale of Discover 125ST in India. The motorcycle will, however, continue to be in production for the export market since the 125ST has found great traction in several other markets including Latin America.
The sale of Discover 125T will continue unaffected by the development, the company said. Confused by so many Discovers? We make your life easier
Bajaj's reasons for the move are that step seat and monoshock combination is quite popular in export markets. But the combination makes it harder for Indian riders, especially those who ride with a pillion. The pricing of 125ST is also higher than the recently launched Discover 125M because of which Bajaj is seeing a lot of customers migrate to the latter.
We have riden the Discover 125M. Read first ride report here. Also the new flagship Discover F150 is set to be launched in India in two months time. We recently spotted the Discover F150 testing and a detailed report of our.
The motorcycle will be priced same as the Yamaha SZ, around Rs 65,000. Eliminating the Discover 125ST creates space for the F150's pricing, positioning and commercial viability in India.
Bajaj says that this correction is not entirely unexpected since the Discover 125 M is proving to be quite popular.
Starts Rs 53,171
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review