Bajaj Discover F150 to be launched in India by June 2014
Bajaj is expected to launch the Discover F150 in India by June this year. The Discover F150 has a quarter fairing and will sit below the Pulsar 150 as far as segment and pricing is concerned. It is expected that the F150 will have a new 4-valve (as is the norm for the Discover family now) 150cc twin-spark engine. We expect the engine to make around 14PS of peak power. It will come mated to a 5-speed transmission.
The new Bajaj Discover F150 shares its chassis with the now defunct 125ST and has telescopic front suspension with a monoshock at the rear and digital instruments. The front disc brake will be part of standard equipment and the rear will have a drum brake. There are also chances of a rear disc being available as an option. As far as looks go, it is inspired by the Pulsar 220 and to some extent even Hero's Karizma ZMR. The alloys are similar to the one in the now defunct Discover 125ST and the tail pipe gets a black shield. The Bajaj Discover F150 price in India is expected to be around Rs 2-3,000 more than that of the Discover 125ST.
It is expected that the F150 will have a new 4-valve (as is the norm for the Discover family now) 150cc twin-spark engine
Bajaj expects the Discover F150 to take the mantle of the flagship Disco from the 125ST. It will also compete with the upcoming Honda 160cc motorcycle which will also likely be based on the Stunner's form. Then there is also Yamaha's Fazer which will also get an update once the FZ16 revamp is done. Interesting times ahead for the 150cc motorcycle segment then.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show