Bajaj hikes price of the Dominar 400 by Rs 1,000
Bajaj Auto Limited has increased the prices of the Dominar 400 by Rs 1,000. The latest price hike makes the bike about Rs 3,000 dearer than its introductory price. The Bajaj Dominar was launched in December 2016 at Rs 1.36 lakh for the base version and Rs 1.5 lakh for the ABS-equipped version. Both prices are ex-Delhi. The bike will now cost Rs 1.39 lakh (base) and Rs 1.53 lakh (ABS equipped).
The Dominar 400 is Bajaj's take on a sports tourer with emphasis on a comfortable and easy-to-use package. The Dominar 400 employs an engine that's closely related to the KTM 390 Duke's engine. The Dominar's engine, however, gets a new 4-valve, SOHC head with three spark plugs. The engine is in a relatively mild state of tune and produces 35PS and 35Nm. The motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The bike looks fresh and Bajaj has thrown in quite a lot of kit including LED headlamps. The main frame is a pressed-steel twin-spar style design which ends with a steel swingarm. Bajaj adds conventional 43mm forks upfront and a rear monoshock to round out the package. The rear shock uses two multi-rate springs in series to get a wider range of spring rates. Braking comes from a 320mm front disc and a 230mm rear disc. Dual-channel ABS is available on the top model.
We were quite impressed with the bike during our first ride and found the bike to be quite a well-rounded package, capable of quenching the market's thirst for an affordable 400cc motorcycle.
Starts Rs 1,74,000
Starts Rs 2,48,931
Starts Rs 1,49,520
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip