Bajaj hikes price of the Dominar 400 by Rs 1,000
Bajaj Auto Limited has increased the prices of the Dominar 400 by Rs 1,000. The latest price hike makes the bike about Rs 3,000 dearer than its introductory price. The Bajaj Dominar was launched in December 2016 at Rs 1.36 lakh for the base version and Rs 1.5 lakh for the ABS-equipped version. Both prices are ex-Delhi. The bike will now cost Rs 1.39 lakh (base) and Rs 1.53 lakh (ABS equipped).
The Dominar 400 is Bajaj's take on a sports tourer with emphasis on a comfortable and easy-to-use package. The Dominar 400 employs an engine that's closely related to the KTM 390 Duke's engine. The Dominar's engine, however, gets a new 4-valve, SOHC head with three spark plugs. The engine is in a relatively mild state of tune and produces 35PS and 35Nm. The motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The bike looks fresh and Bajaj has thrown in quite a lot of kit including LED headlamps. The main frame is a pressed-steel twin-spar style design which ends with a steel swingarm. Bajaj adds conventional 43mm forks upfront and a rear monoshock to round out the package. The rear shock uses two multi-rate springs in series to get a wider range of spring rates. Braking comes from a 320mm front disc and a 230mm rear disc. Dual-channel ABS is available on the top model.
We were quite impressed with the bike during our first ride and found the bike to be quite a well-rounded package, capable of quenching the market's thirst for an affordable 400cc motorcycle.
Starts Rs 1,55,215
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Starts Rs 1,72,020
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery