Bajaj Pulsar 220 and Discover 125 introduced in Ghana
Bajaj Auto has unveiled the Pulsar 220 and the Discover 125 in Ghana through its local resellers SOMOCO Ghana Limited. According to an initiative by the SOMOCO group, each motorcycle that is sold through their dealership will be accompanied by a compulsory purchase of two helmets, one for the the rider and the other for the pillion. This newly introduced initiative aims at improving the safety and also bring down the fatality rate caused by motorcycle accidents.
The 220cc unit in the Pulsar 220 makes 21PS at 8,500rpm and generates 19Nm at 7,000rpm. The DTS-i engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Pulsar 220 comes equipped with front and rear disc brakes. On the other hand, the Bajaj Discover 125 comes with a single cylinder, four-stroke 125cc engine that produces 11PS at 8,000rpm and puts out 10.8Nm at 5,500rpm.
This safety initiative was commended by DSP Alexander Kweku Obeng, Director of Research and Training at the Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service. At the time of introduction of these two Bajaj motorcycles, the DSP also added that the MTTD will be running new programmes to educate motorcycle riders about safe riding.
Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Attah, the Minister of Roads and Highway also urged SOMOCCO to undertake training activities for new riders to educate them about safe riding which in turn will reduce the number of motor accidents on the road in the country.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review